Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2009, 09:11 PM   #261
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Thursday BSRB No Stocking Day... What to do???

Quote:
Originally Posted by aranel7 View Post
I think the reason why those types of schedules are looked down upon is because they *could* lead to things like supply problems, but that doesn't always have to be the case. Just like doing a certain thing is not one size fits all, I don't think avoiding a certain thing has to be one size fits all either.

Admittedly though, I am not that up on babywise. I do really feel that both sides can paint whatever picture they want using emotional wording that gets to moms though.
thanks i looked it up since i hadnt heard of it and if i here cio and scheduled feedings i no its a no go for me

Advertisement

Old 02-19-2009, 09:11 PM   #262
starla79
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykeikis View Post
Umm, Megan - Sorry if I offended you. I was actually admitting my "faults" (or not faults).
LOL, I'm not offended, we have more in common than you probably think (except i don't have my own fan club). I don't consider any of it 'faults', it's just the way people are and i guess i was just talking about how i don't see the point in arguing about it (not that we're arguing about it here, but it's apparent it is argued about in many other places) and why you won't see me jump up anyone's butt about how they're raising their kids, or say much if someone were to criticize me about not being crunchy enough. I'm tired, it probably came out all wrong. I'm really more coherent, i've just got a brain full of forensic info right now and trying to learn NTFS is frying the last few active brain cells i've got. So naturally, i'm over here instead.

It takes a lot to offend me. Like, a LOT. I'm one of the least offendable people you'll ever meet. Honestly. Just try.

Miniature turkey burgers. I've GOT to try that on D. He doesn't like jarred meat (and who would? that stuff tastes awful) so i cooked up some chicken breasts and cut it into cubes, and i'm thawing a cube a night and cutting it into bits for him to self-feed. A cut up mini burger would probably go over well. Sweet.
I'm Megan, Rob is my husband, Draven is my boy, born 3/14/08. Expecting #2 in early March. Where have all the BSRBs gone?
starla79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:11 PM   #263
luvmykeikis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for baby food info Di and Sara.

Megan - I hope you are still reading. I just wanted to come "clean" among friends since we were on the topic of AP. Sorry if it was in poor taste.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:13 PM   #264
luvmykeikis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, just read your post that you posted before I got the chance. I am fighting with Bob for the phone.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:13 PM   #265
idefix
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm semi crunchy. My laundry list would read:

WOHM, BF plus soon to be pumping, CDing, non-circ and circ baby, babywearing, co-sleeping, baby food making, vaxing on time, composting, recycling and grinding own flour nut, but not buy all organic, internet addicted

I am banned to the bedroom. DH is trying one of the new nipples. Please, eat Fynn.

Last edited by idefix; 02-19-2009 at 09:16 PM.
idefix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:16 PM   #266
luvmykeikis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I will let you all do your own researching on Babywise. That is a controversy of its own. I had never heard of it before, not for the faint at heart.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:16 PM   #267
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by starla79 View Post
LOL, I'm not offended, we have more in common than you probably think (except i don't have my own fan club). I don't consider any of it 'faults', it's just the way people are and i guess i was just talking about how i don't see the point in arguing about it (not that we're arguing about it here, but it's apparent it is argued about in many other places) and why you won't see me jump up anyone's butt about how they're raising their kids, or say much if someone were to criticize me about not being crunchy enough. I'm tired, it probably came out all wrong. I'm really more coherent, i've just got a brain full of forensic info right now and trying to learn NTFS is frying the last few active brain cells i've got. So naturally, i'm over here instead.

It takes a lot to offend me. Like, a LOT. I'm one of the least offendable people you'll ever meet. Honestly. Just try.

Miniature turkey burgers. I've GOT to try that on D. He doesn't like jarred meat (and who would? that stuff tastes awful) so i cooked up some chicken breasts and cut it into cubes, and i'm thawing a cube a night and cutting it into bits for him to self-feed. A cut up mini burger would probably go over well. Sweet.
Mini burgers are a GREAT food choice for that age. If your burgers are firm enough, the cut up pieces are non-messy and the kids really like that stuff. Grilled chicken is a biggie with both of my kids too. I make the chicken and peppers for fajitas in the crock pot and the kids gobble that stuff down. It's great because the chicken is fork tender after being in the crock pot so it's easy to get small enough for J to self feed.

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:19 PM   #268
luvmykeikis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by idefix View Post
I'm semi crunchy. My laundry list would read:

WOHM, BF plus soon to be pumping, CDing, non-circ and circ baby, babywearing, co-sleeping, baby food making, vaxing on time, composting, recycling and grinding own flour nut, but not buy all organic, internet addicted

I am banned to the bedroom. DH is trying one of the new nipples. Please, eat Fynn.
John wanted to do this because he read more on it and wanted B not circumcised. he takes the bottle.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:20 PM   #269
aranel7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And in other news . . . DH is snoozing away on the couch and has been since 8:30pm! I guess manual labor is more tiring than his normal work routine of sitting at his desk and then eating lunch out in a restaurant. He's been blue collaring it all the way at his bar all week long (and I do mean ALL week) this week and he is one tired boy. They're so cute when they're sleeping

Everyday Gourmet with Jennifer Grady Mallowes
aranel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:20 PM   #270
MegsMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Evening ladies. Just wanted to say I agree w/ whatever makes your household a happy one is the way to go. My DD has made me more crunchy, but it is only for her own good. I was the "norm" w/ DS. With DD, I had to make my own food since she could only eat a few of the jarred food, we do delay vax because of her allergies. I agree w/ CIO. I agree w/ limited golden arches and TV. Yeah, some weekends we have too much, but my kiddos ask for grapes for snack. I have learned from other moms and have realized each way does have it pros and cons.