Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
LJSquishy
Registered Users

Best setup for my house?

I'm not pregnant yet but my husband and I hold out hope that it will happen soon. I have infertility issues.

What type of setup would you recommend for our house? We have a very small (1500sq ft) two level house. 2 bedrooms upstairs, and our only bathroom is downstairs on the main level.

I figured we would have a full diaper station set up in what would eventually be the nursery upstairs, and a "portable" diaper station downstairs. By that, I mean just a changing mat and a few supplies that are kept hidden in a dresser drawer downstairs so we could do changes downstairs if we wanted to.

What I'm not sure about is when it comes to the baby eating solid food. Do I just plan to take every single diaper (whether just wet or poopy) downstairs right away to flush the solids and keep the diaper pail in the laundry room (also on the main floor) instead of having a pail in the nursery? Or, do I keep one pail upstairs for just wet diapers, and only haul the poopy ones downstairs to clean off and then put in the laundry room pail until laundry day when I would also bring down the nursery wet diaper bag? It seems like no matter what, it is inconvenient! Is it really not that bad? It seems like a hassle to go up & down so often with a baby, but I definitely need a changing station upstairs for nighttime changes. I'm not sure I like the idea of having only a nursery changing station because if we're downstairs, I would have to take the baby upstairs to change them and then bring the poopy diaper back down. Is that just what most people do?

Advertisement

LJSquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

We have upstairs laundry. Changing table and all the diapers are in her room. Diaper pail is in the laundry room. If we are changing downstairs I just grab a diaper ahead of time. If she poops we walk upstairs, change, dump poop in bathroom, walk next door over to laundry room. It's not hard, it works, and the few trips up the stairs each day is good exercise. For a while everything was downstairs in the playroom but I hated lugging the pail liner full of dirty smelly diapers up the stairs to the laundry room. I much prefer it this way and wish I had done it sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum