Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

I think I am done buying used dipes!!!

Or, I will at least be much pickier.

Today, I received a package of a dozen used pockets that I have been anxiously awaiting. They are my favorite pockets and I got an excellent price for them. I realize they are used. I buy a lot of used dipes, and I don't expect perfection...really. But, the first diaper I pulled out of the package had a cut all the way through the PUL right in the rear of the diaper. Several had runs in the knit part of the PUL around the snaps. While this doesn't affect performance, I think it should be stated in the listing. Many have places where the knit part of the PUL is worn off around the gathers at the waist so that the plasticy part of the PUL is visible. They are small spots and shouldn't affect performance, but again, I think they should have been revealed. At least one has a spot where the lastin elastic has broken in one leg. One has stretched out waist elastic.

Yes, I received an awesome price, and they are used diapers. But, for $2 more per dipe right now (GADs are on sale), I could have had new. I just wanted these because this seller had prints and colors that are no longer available new. Most of them are functional. But, I would have passed if I had known of these faults and spent my money on new. I understand a normal used look, but I expect flaws to be stated.

I have pmed the seller and am waiting to see what she says. I have only ever complained about one other diaper purchase in all of my years of purchases, so I feel horrible doing so.

edited to add: Again, I understand a used look and don't want to sound like a whiner. I have bought SO MANY used diapers and normally am fine with even minor flaws that may have not been stated. If this transaction had been one dipe, I probably would just chalk it up to a learning experience and chunk the diaper. The only other complaint that I have ever made was about stretched out elastic in one leg of a diaper. I let the seller know because she had more for sale. She apologized, said she didn't notice it, and offered a partial refund which I denied. I had received an excellent price and it was easily fixable. I just wanted her to be able to check her others that were for sale.

So, I will be more specific in my questioning in the future. And, sellers, please look things over and list every flaw. I know I will be more careful in my for sale listings.

Advertisement

Last edited by mothergooseofthree; 01-30-2013 at 01:55 PM.
mothergooseofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
MommaMal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It is so sad when people don't fully disclose

I've been burned a couple times and am super careful if I buy used. Hope it works out for you

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."-Janis Joplin
MommaMal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow, no good. I hope the seller makes it right.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #4
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I think I am done buying used dipes!!!

You should return the covers to the seller, at her expense, pronto. If she wants to fight you on it, file a claim with PayPal. If flaws like those you described were omitted in verbal description and photos, it is not ok and you are covered by PayPal. That's why we all use their system and pay their fees, right?
meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #5
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by meljc View Post
You should return the covers to the seller, at her expense, pronto. If she wants to fight you on it, file a claim with PayPal. If flaws like those you described were omitted in verbal description and photos, it is not ok and you are covered by PayPal. That's why we all use their system and pay their fees, right?
Unfortunately paypal makes the buyer return at his or her own expense.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #6
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry momma this recently happened to me twice in a row (one transaction here and one on eBay) I was SO bummed! I bought what were said to be EUC diapers that had binding holes, terrible worn spots, staining and were in very poor condition. Thankfully I was able to send them back but between the two transactions was out $30 in shipping. I learned my lesson too, I am very careful about what I buy and inspect photos closely now.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #7
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
Unfortunately paypal makes the buyer return at his or her own expense.
I know, but I think the "first line of defense" would be working with the seller. Anyone conscientious would cover return shipping costs! I once received an item that was not as advertised (seller was told they were stay-dry, but they actually weren't) and the seller offered on her own to pay for return shipping if I didn't want them.

If the seller objects, then I'd go the PayPal route and cough up shipping costs. Hopefully since they're just covers it won't be too expensive
meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #8
Baby2pls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's such a gamble.... Sometimes they arrive better than expected, other times so disappointing!
Baby2pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #9
Baby2pls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and I agree with pp... I'd try to work with the seller for a resolution.
Baby2pls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #10
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I see these thread so often, I guess I must be really lucky, all my diapers are used and I've never had one issue. Makes me so sad that people try and take advantage like this. Hope it all works out for you.