View Poll Results: Which newborn diapers would you buy?
All Newborn Simplex 4 28.57%
All Imagine Bamboo Fitteds 3 21.43%
Half and Half 6 42.86%
Other - Please explain 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Which would you choose?

Assuming all goes well with delivery, we plan to leave our home about 2 weeks after the birth to live with my parents in Hawaii. We will have access to a small FL washer/dryer and possibly a clothesline. My mom thinks we should buy all AIO (Swaddlebees Newborn Simplex) for simplicity. DH and I are leaning toward primarily Imagine Bamboo Newborn Fitteds, with a few bamboo flats and homemade PFs mixed in.

In my mind, AIOs are not really needed for a NB, since they wet so often that you're changing them constantly. In addition, we plan to have a good kit of NB and SM woolies, so there's not really an extra "step" of adding a cover - assuming we even bother in the warm weather.

The other consideration is cost - the fitteds are about half the price of the AIOs. On the other hand, everyone on DS seems to swear by the newborn Simplex as THE newborn diaper.

What would you do?

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
thealmightyme
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would say what you plan is great. I would also get a few simplex's to have the best of both worlds.
thealmightyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #3
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Which would you choose?

Not a fan of bamboo. I would go with all cotton. If you have a small fl then it may be hard to get the bamboo as clean as cotton.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd get the fitteds you want. You are probably going to end up doing the majority of changes with a front loader I would personally go with flats so I knew they got clean, but I ad bad experiences when we had one, never want anything but a water hog top loader again

I would think aios would be the hardest to get fully clean, which would also lean me more toward the fitteds between those two choices.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
HappiMom
Registered Users
seller

I'd get fitteds, especially if you are line drying. Just FYI, bamboo takes FOREVER to dry. The Sandy's bamboo fitted we have took at least 90 min to dry in a drier on hot. At least. We also have bamboo soakers that are super thin and I've set them out for 2 days and sometimes they still were not dry. I always had to throw them back in the drier.

I think the sun will help (my appt doesn't get good sun), but depending on what part of Hawaii you are in you may need to consider the humidity. Flats should dry quicker, but I've never used bamboo flats - planning to get some though.
HappiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #6
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Half Simplex, half GMD WHs when I eventually have another nb :-) I think Padded Tush Stats did a review of the Imagine bamboo NB fitted and said the rise was too low to last for long. Since you'll be living with your parents you might be fortunate enough to have a lot of help! Your mom might be more willing to help with changes if it's a one-piece diaper. You're also likely to receive lots of clothing as gifts and there may be adorable items that don't play well with a wool soaker (or course you could get 1-2 PUL covers to address this).
meljc is offline   Reply With Quote