Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2016, 07:58 PM   #11
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Re: Newborn covers with umbilical snap down

We did from birth, and we experimented a lot - my babe was decent sized and grew fast, so honestly we moved to OS diapers pretty fast and I'd like to try newborn again I'm not sure there is much difference between NB and XS. Neither fits LO now, but he is 14 lbs, 2 mos, and still nicely fits in the duo 1s. I thought the duo 1s seemed a little big at first, but I also wasn't used to cloth diapers which just are a little bigger than paper, so I'm not sure if they didn't fit him or if I just didn't like them. I'm keeping my xs and nb covers in case we ever get the guts to have another, so I think they're worth having for the first few weeks. DS was 8 lbs at birth and those fit nicely, but we moved to OS before 1 month because I wanted something stay dry and didn't know enough to make those work. If I were starting over... still not sure what I'd do differently 😂 I think I'll try more prefolds and fitted next time, but DH didn't like the wet against LO's skin, so we mostly used aios or pockets and moved to OS pockets pretty fast. I'm still using the duo 1s with flip stay dry inserts though. I like them that way - nice and slim.

Advertisement

Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 08:21 PM   #12
andunc02
Registered Users

My Mood:

I started cloth on my LO at 5 days old and use prefolds with thirsties Xsmall covers and duo 1s. I preferred Xsmall covers while he still had his cord but both fit below. The duo 1s did seem bulky with the extra fabric but we didn't have leaks and his clothes still fit. He dropped to 7lbs 7oz at his lowest and is now 8lbs 5oz. The benefit of the duo 1s is they will last longer and come in more prints but it may be worth it if your looking at trying thirsties to get a couple of both.

I dont buy from the outlet though because by the time you factor in shipping your not saving much. I rather pay a few cents more and earn rewards points for other sites and know that my diaper is covered under warranty
andunc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 12:01 PM   #13
Meagan36
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunkify View Post
Rumparooz Newborn covers were a fave of mine for H's stash.

I bought some Thirsties newborn covers but did not like the new Thirsties aplix. It folded in and irritated her belly.
We had the same problem with the aplix. I really liked the fit of the extra small though.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
Meagan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 12:03 PM   #14
Meagan36
Registered Users

Econobum nb covers were my favorite. They don't have a cord snap down but they are thin and didn't irritate my daughter's cord stump like others did.

Old 12-05-2016, 02:45 PM   #15
holocene
Registered Users

Go straight to duo size 1 (SNAPS!!), they fit my 7lb baby extremely well.
holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 06:13 PM   #16
greysmama
Registered Users
seller

Not a true snap down but thirsties duo size 1 snaps (don't do Velcro) tucked under my babies' cords no issues.
greysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 12:37 PM   #17
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

Thirsties XS is their nb size. The XS and the smallest rise of the duo 1 fit about the same. If you click first diaper in my signature you can see my lo at about 8.5lbs in both. Both fit my kids since birth but they were 8lbs, and 8.5lbs.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:05 PM   #18
Meagan36
Registered Users

I don't have good suggestions for snap-downs, but have you considered fleece covers? I wish I'd tried them sooner.

Old 06-12-2017, 11:53 AM   #19
amdafforn16
Registered Users
seller

I have heard a lot of people talk about using Thirsties XS covers with prefolds for their newborn and I don't believe that most have issues with it bumping the cord. I plan on using these and some NB pockets for the newborn stage before upgrading to my OS diapers.
amdafforn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:06 PM   #20
jemkills
Registered Users

I loved rumparooz and thirsties. I know it might be late for you but my babe was under six lbs and anything sized did NOT fit for probably a good month.
jemkills is offline   Reply With Quote