Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2017, 10:29 AM   #1
Leigh179
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Best nb aio?

I just found out I'm pregnant with baby #5. Our youngest is almost 5 so it's been a while since I cd'd a nb. This will be our 4th to cd (3rd nb). With our first nb, we used prefolds with pul and wool covers. I guess I didn't have it on well enough bc it leaked ALL THE TIME. With last nb, I used Little Joey's and some fitted with pul. I like the prefolds for the price, ease of washing, and natural fibers. But I like aio for convenience.
Are there any new things? Changes in products of companies? I dunno. Lol. What's new in nb diapering??? 😊

Advertisement

Tessa, happily married to my best friend, Paul. , 'ing, BW'ing, selective/delayed vaxing, non-circ, SAH/HS'ing Mom to Jenika (5/1/01),Carolyn (5/8/07), Lydia (8/19/09), Caleb (3/30/12) & our angel baby, Harper Lynn (7/8/10/) , waiting for us in our Heavenly Father's arms.
Leigh179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 02:21 PM   #2
jessikate
Registered Users

Re: Best nb aio?

May be the least experienced here, since I only have one baby, but we used a few and LOVED Nana's Bottoms with snaps. Super easy for everyone and never ever leaked, tiny and so cute. Did take quite awhile to dry tho. Decided it was worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jessikate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 04:31 PM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

I would say prefolds with thirsties duo sz1 covers or RAR nb covers if you have smaller babies is a great option.

I liked BG nb AIO with my first but they didn't fit my second right. With my second a had a few thirties duo sz1 aio and they worked ok (they had the old style aplix) I don't really feel AIO as needed.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #4
Leigh179
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
I would say prefolds with thirsties duo sz1 covers or RAR nb covers if you have smaller babies is a great option.

I liked BG nb AIO with my first but they didn't fit my second right. With my second a had a few thirties duo sz1 aio and they worked ok (they had the old style aplix) I don't really feel AIO as needed.
What is RAR?
Tessa, happily married to my best friend, Paul. , 'ing, BW'ing, selective/delayed vaxing, non-circ, SAH/HS'ing Mom to Jenika (5/1/01),Carolyn (5/8/07), Lydia (8/19/09), Caleb (3/30/12) & our angel baby, Harper Lynn (7/8/10/) , waiting for us in our Heavenly Father's arms.
Leigh179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 04:54 PM   #5
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
seller
seller

Tried Nana's Bottoms with our last and we liked them. I just heard her shop closed recently though

I have always been a fan of newborn simplex diapers. I've used them with the past three newbs.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:21 PM   #6
love my kids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Newborn simplex diapers and tot bot teeny fit! Depending on whether you prefer snaps for Velcro both natural fibers The newborn simplex diapers fit longer ��
love my kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 06:24 PM   #7
mabbyjay
Registered Users
seller

CONGRATS!
Ive diapered two newborns and we've tried a few. I personally like something small so this tiny little baby does not have a HUGE diaper on them, thats just me! my absolute favorite in the lil joeys, we also like born smart by smart bottoms and gorvias AIO newborns. Ive done prefolds and I've tried bumgenious newborns, ese bebe fitteds, and teeny tot bots but the lil joeys and born smarts are my favorite! good luck!
mabbyjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 09:12 PM   #8
4girls2boys
Registered Users

Following along also. Babe #6 and don't like the bulk!
4girls2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:34 PM   #9
pamelam82
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh179 View Post
What is RAR?
RAR=Rumparooz

With my newborn, I used a combo of Lil Joeys, Imagine AIOs (with a preemie prefold as a doubler), and newborn GMD workhorses with Thirsties XS covers, Rumparooz covers and Sweet Pea covers. The Sweet Pea covers fit better at first because they are more narrow than the other two brands were, but the Rumparooz fit the longest amount of time on my little man.
pamelam82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:30 PM   #10
ChomMom
Registered Users

Pregnant with my first and excited/terrified to start cloth diapering. These suggestions are great though! I've heard it's best to try a range, and will definitely start here! Thanks
ChomMom is offline   Reply With Quote