Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2009, 10:27 AM   #91
Julie K
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The Yarn on the Needles Goes Round and Round...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodiejake View Post
not sure, but I am totally in again. That was so much fun!!!!
I know! I'm excited to be able to play with all that wool

Advertisement

Julie K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:27 AM   #92
MollyJones
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Joanna, work another row. Mine always looks like a mess until I get the second row done and then it looks more "normal" on the needles if that makes sense.
ITA> This is where I would start w/ advice, too.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #93
netgirl1001
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJones View Post
I am having a hard time with Asa's foot today and I keep crying.

He hasn't walked on it since he woke up.

He doesn't walk on it after he wakes up for about an hour, but today is worse than usual.

I feel like no doctors know what to do about it. I feel enraged. This is my CHILD. Why won't any of them help me help him?

I am on hold right now w/ his Ped to get a recommendation to Riley Chidlren's Hospital in Indy.

He's almost 3. You'd think by now SOMEONE would have SOMETHING to say that might be the answer...

I haven't even had two doctors tell me the same thing yet, and he's seen 6 of them.

Sorry to be so down. I just have a very heavy heart this morning.
oh molly. I hope you find the answer soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devholan View Post
Good morning and welcome to the new knitters. That bright sushi yarn is TDF! We were all drooling over it the other day, and I think we need Paula to work up another 50 skeins or so for all of us in the wool thread.
50? I'll be working on it next month.. I'm coming down with something since yesterday and I hope it'll go away soon. I haven't done anything for the next stocking
Old 02-02-2009, 10:33 AM   #94
netgirl1001
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie K View Post
oh and I'm about to start another scrappy swap here...any ideas of how I could take yarn value into account for this?
I didn't join in the swap. But that's a good idea to maybe categorize it by price range to be fair for everyone and maybe people can state what they want to send it and if you have different groups (by price range), then people are likely to send better yarns?
Old 02-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #95
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJones View Post
You guys...

http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.ph...294&vid=200001

I want it. But I am so happy with our simple unbleached prefolds and being able to abuse the heck out of them.

Tell me not to buy it. It's sooo pretty though.
I have the simple pf love too but I think you should get it! sorry I am no help lol
Old 02-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #96
nickiea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
On another note, can I just for a min. DD is only 3.5 months old and AF is trying to show her ugly face.
oh no. She never stayed away for me more than about 3mo - stupid wench!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmwell View Post
Morning! I am off to my FIRST knitting class
Wish me luck.
Quote:
My mom forgot about my knitting class I can't go. No babysitter. I am soooooo sad.
Quote:
I get to go anyway! My mom is going to run out and I am going to go late and they will stay after to get me up to speed Woot!
whew! are there seatbelts on this rollercoaster?? So glad you get to go - have a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKat View Post
Something you may want to do is try video taping what happens when he wakes up, our experience was that we could explain until we were blue in the face what we were seeing. When we showed up with the 1 minute video of some of the things we were seeing that concerned us on our camera it made a world of difference, especially with our family doctor who was kind of being a big jerk about us going to Boston and seeing the Pediatric Neurologist down there instead of just seeing him.
what a GREAT idea!!!

[QUOTE=joanna19;6187830i gotta go though, cat has to go to the vet this morning. He's been puking bile for a few days and recently stopped drinking/eating. i hope everything is okay with him.[/QUOTE]

oh no, poor kitty!!! My dog needs xrays today/tomorrow to see if the blood in his urine is bladder or kidney stones. Bladder ones they can take out surgically, kidney ones - not so much. He's 10yo now, but I'm just not ready for him to go yet but also not willing/able to pay $$$$$ for tests/surgeries. I hope we both get good news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie K View Post
oh and I'm about to start another scrappy swap here...any ideas of how I could take yarn value into account for this?
Hmm, maybe we gals on here can help make a list of yarn stores/sources and sort of rank them class A, class B, etc. and you can then sort them that way? Meaning, htf HC stuff is classA, easier to score nice quality yarns in class B, LYS good stuff class C, Patons or whatever in class D. That seems to me to be the simplest way to do it. Person A sends in 3 oz from class A, they get 3oz of Class A yarn back. Doable?
nickiea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:44 AM   #97
PKat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Okay ready for sum yummy pictures of Tammy's fantastic work!

We got our swap woolies from Tammy today and they are awesome. Viv was just about ready to go down for her nap so she was only moderately cooperative.

Her I really don't want to get up you put my nap diaper on me and some comfy pants I will just sleep right here.

I finally got her to stand up and look out the window and she gave me her version of smile

And a booty shot

They fit perfectly and should fit us for a bit with just the right amount of extra inseam. They are wonderful and I am so excited that Viv has another pair of longies!

Mary Kate - knitting mama to three girlies!
PKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #98
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKat View Post
Okay ready for sum yummy pictures of Tammy's fantastic work!

We got our swap woolies from Tammy today and they are awesome. Viv was just about ready to go down for her nap so she was only moderately cooperative.

Her I really don't want to get up you put my nap diaper on me and some comfy pants I will just sleep right here.

I finally got her to stand up and look out the window and she gave me her version of smile

And a booty shot

They fit perfectly and should fit us for a bit with just the right amount of extra inseam. They are wonderful and I am so excited that Viv has another pair of longies!
beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #99
Julie K
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by netgirl1001 View Post
I didn't join in the swap. But that's a good idea to maybe categorize it by price range to be fair for everyone and maybe people can state what they want to send it and if you have different groups (by price range), then people are likely to send better yarns?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickiea View Post

Hmm, maybe we gals on here can help make a list of yarn stores/sources and sort of rank them class A, class B, etc. and you can then sort them that way? Meaning, htf HC stuff is classA, easier to score nice quality yarns in class B, LYS good stuff class C, Patons or whatever in class D. That seems to me to be the simplest way to do it. Person A sends in 3 oz from class A, they get 3oz of Class A yarn back. Doable?
the only issue I could see is...let say for being simple that there are 3 people in the swap. 2 of those people send in class C type...and the third sends in class A...I'd have no scraps to send the person who sends in class A...

this is what keeps stumping me!
Julie K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #100
netgirl1001
Registered Users
seller

You can make them list what they want to send so you have some idea how many you have for each group and not close the swap until you have enough.