Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2014, 10:00 AM   #21
theluckiest9
Registered Users
seller

Re: Avoiding Pooping on the Delivery Table...

I was freaked out about pooping on the table and it ended up happening. At the time, though, I honestly couldn't have cared less.

Advertisement

theluckiest9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #22
Mamakita
Registered Users
seller

Ditto. I had a water birth and did expel in the water. At the time, it mattered not.
Mamakita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #23
mommyegon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't even remember if it happened or not... Last thing on my mind!!

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com
Old 05-25-2014, 11:55 AM   #24
Arual214
Registered Users
seller

I pooped but had no idea I did until my husband told me about it later. I told him not to tell me next time!

I wouldn't worry about it. The doctors and nurses have seen it all (and worse) before!
Arual214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:09 AM   #25
Sk8cate
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This post made me laugh. Pretty sure every mom worries about this; I know I did! I was planning a homebirth/water birth, and I dreaded the thought of pooping IN the water. Coincidentally, when my body started pushing, I didn't realize what it was, but just felt like I had to have a huge bowel movement. So I sat on the toilet and started pushing and pooped. Then, out of nowhere, we realized the head was crowning, so I got in the water and baby was born. The midwives congratulated me later on how great of a poop I had right before baby was born, and we just laughed about it. I guess it's just part of birth.... But I'll probably still worry about it for my second lol
Sk8cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:45 AM   #26
Pineapple987
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Don't sweat it. The staff sees it all the time and it's totally normal. An enema would probably just make things worse. Some women poop, some don't. That 100% stat on the first page is wrong. Chances are you won't notice either way.
Pineapple987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:57 PM   #27
JustBeachyElly
Registered Users

I watched the delivery of my third baby in a mirror, but it was angled in such a way that I couldn't see the poop. The only way I knew I did it was when they were cleaning up I caught sight of it. I was way too tired to be embarrassed. Eight weeks later, I'm still too tired to be embarrassed. Just be secure in the fact that almost everyone does it! I did it with my second baby, but I was in labor for so long with my first that there wasn't anything to poop out when the time came.
JustBeachyElly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:02 AM   #28
dpangel33
Registered Users

I just learned recently that I did poop during pushing with my 1st (7 years ago), DH and I had no idea but my mom said she saw the nurse wipe it away immediately and had she blinked she would have missed it.

Being friends with lots of doulas and midwives they say it happens 95% of the time and it's never a big deal bc it's a natural part of childbirth

~*~ Erik 2010 ~*~
~*~Trevor 02/2015~*~
dpangel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:19 PM   #29
amboo8
Registered Users
seller

My doc & nurses told me they actually want you to poop because it usually means you don't get hemorrhoids. I don't think time pushing has anything to do with it. I pushed for an hour and a half with my first, my second was out in about 3 contractions, and my third came out with one push.... and I pooped with all three.
amboo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:44 PM   #30
AggieMindy
Registered Users
seller

I was terrified that I would poop while pushing. I think it distracted me from pushing good for awhile because I definitely had the "I'm going to poop all over everything" feeling...lol after 2 hours of pushing I finally didn't care anymore, and I stopped asking the nurse if I pooped. 1-2 more hours of pushing and I would have happily pooped if it meant baby would come out faster! After it was all said and done I probably did poop, but with my next I will not care one bit! I do remember peeing quite a bit.
AggieMindy is offline   Reply With Quote