Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2016, 08:49 AM   #11
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mixed Stashes: Do you love yours?

I've always had pretty mixed and never had a issue. It's common to have at least night, at home, and out of the home diapers. I think its especially good for first timers so you can figure out what you might like.

When my first when he was a newborn I had fitteds, AIO, and prefolds -- I also did layin inserts in covers. It was great and I learned what I liked.

We had a mix of AI2 system and attached prefolds with covers. At night it was pockets. When he was a bit older we had grovia snap in AI2 and trifold prefolds in bummis covers (with pockets still at night).

With my second we started with AIO, Flats and covers, and a couple fitteds (see pics by clicking diaper in sig). Later I tried to move to a snap in AI2 system I created but she ended up needing wool parttime. So by around 1 year we had fitteds and wool at home and at night and AI2 system for out of the house and pockets for daycare.

After a few months with your LO grows into more One Size diapers I think they experiences you have now will help shape your purchases and hopefully they will be correct.

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! 2T Nght Fitted Trainer, XL Wool Soaker, Baby Wearing
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 04:54 PM   #12
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have gone through fazes. I've loved a streamlined stash and now I love our varied stash. We have 24 pockets, 12 flats, 24 prefolds and 8 covers. Some days I like the pockets and some days I like the flats/prefolds and covers. Having a variety helps me not BUY ALL THE FLUFF lol.
thejuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 04:24 PM   #13
procraftinator86
Registered Users
seller

I appreciate variety as well. It helps to fit my mood, my needs, but also gives babies bum a break from having the same diaper on all the time. Different fits give certain areas pressure and those areas get breaks. I don't like to have a huge variety, but prefer a small one.
procraftinator86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 02:16 AM   #14
ladybuglove
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I also like a variety. I use pockets for nights. Aios in the summer and Prefolds/covers in winter. Also have a few fitteds I use for outside play in our hot desert summers.
ladybuglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 02:01 PM   #15
vanscoy
Registered Users
seller

I went crazy buying things online before my baby was born. We don't have any stores around me where I could look at them in great detail before I bought them. I bought a lot of pocket and aio different brands but I am regretting it now because I really have come to like the Grovia hybrids and O.N.Es and am now trying to sell it all to get more of what I like. I don't have a lot of experience like the other moms so I'm sure like they say mixed lots will be beneficial at different times. My advice is to not go crazy buying a lot of one before u get to try them out
vanscoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 05:29 PM   #16
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybuglove View Post
I also like a variety. I use pockets for nights. Aios in the summer and Prefolds/covers in winter. Also have a few fitteds I use for outside play in our hot desert summers.
why AIO is summer and prefolds in winter?
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! 2T Nght Fitted Trainer, XL Wool Soaker, Baby Wearing
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:31 AM   #17
ladybuglove
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
why AIO is summer and prefolds in winter?

I'd use aios year round (they're my favorite!!) but I hate the dry time :/ in summer it's so hot here I can wash at night and hang dry outside and they will be dry by mid next day. Prefolds work better for us in the winter because then I just throw them in the dryer. I got some aios from a friend recently that are almost dry from one round in the dryer so may try using them in the winter and see if they dry completely by hang drying inside overnight. I do love my prints of covers though. Ha! Sometimes I just get bored and need a change, keep diaper changing exciting
ladybuglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:19 AM   #18
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybuglove View Post
I'd use aios year round (they're my favorite!!) but I hate the dry time :/ in summer it's so hot here I can wash at night and hang dry outside and they will be dry by mid next day. Prefolds work better for us in the winter because then I just throw them in the dryer. I got some aios from a friend recently that are almost dry from one round in the dryer so may try using them in the winter and see if they dry completely by hang drying inside overnight. I do love my prints of covers though. Ha! Sometimes I just get bored and need a change, keep diaper changing exciting
But why even bother hang drying AIOs? They take forever!
Old 06-20-2016, 10:21 AM   #19
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use pockets at home and fitteds and wool when out right now cause PUL makes my little guy way too hot.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:59 AM   #20
greenearthbaby
Registered Users
seller

I'm cloth diapering my 5th baby. I had mixed stashes with the first 4 and always hated it but couldn't stop myself from trying the newest/latest/greatest. This time I am sticking to all AI2's and loving it! It allows me to try out a new brand here and there but my inserts can all be used with any shell. It works perfectly.