Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
MelissaCoffey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
A public apology- MD related

I know I am sick of hearing the words Miracle Diapers, but I feel like I have to publicly apologize for one more thing. Because I publically spread false information about a former member of MD. Everytime I posted about the tax info I said the previous CFO told Ruth we could issue tax reciepts and then said we couldn't. Anyways, after all the stuff went down, she emailed me and told me what has gone on from the beginning. I won't put everthing out here that we talked about, but I wanted to clear the air about the tax stuff. This is the correct information:

Okay...this has bothered me for a while but I just stayed out....

I NEVER told anyone about that we could send out tax receipts....

Rachel Flores was told that by the legal people.... That online service that Ruth was using to file the paperwork... Can’t remember the name right now....

It was after Rachel left that paperwork finally started going through and they were doing their ‘checking in to things’ that the IRS found that we had on the website that we could give receipts ... That’s when the IRS sent something to Ruth via email or snail mail and told her that we couldn’t give the receipts until we actually had paperwork in our hands....and any receipts we had already sent were not valid and would mess up peoples taxes---so

So she email me to have Noel remove all statements that suggested about the receipt thing....

I never said anything about that... I was just going by what Rachel was told by the legal “experts” it’s even in the minutes...or at least it should be that Rachel was following up with the legal people to find out if we could send receipts while we waited on the paper work.

So that's that. This isn't to start anything new, but I feel the responsibility to put out what really happened since I was someone who put something out there that was false. It hurt another person and I want to publically say I am sorry!

Advertisement

Old 12-17-2007, 11:29 AM   #2
MatildasMum
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: A public apology- MD related

MatildasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
broaddaylight
Registered Users
seller

You are wonderful and honest. Thank you.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:11 PM   #4
mama2cody
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

to you for being honest! It takes a big person to stand up and admit they did something! Thank you! (even though I was not part of the whole MD thing)
mama2cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:49 PM   #5
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You have done nothing to apologize for. You are a wonderful person who was trying to help people in need. I remember the post when Ruth told us expllicitly that the donations were not tax deductable. That it was in the works. That was before all effort to help started. Take care, Theresa
pumkinsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:53 PM   #6
GBMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You're a true class act, Mama! It's clear you never intended to give false information on the tax stuff. Honestly from what your post says, I'm not sure what you said in the past that was incorrect.

to you and your family during the holidays!

ETA: Okay, I reread the OP & get that the person you said gave the info to issue receipts & then said you couldn't didn't say that. But it appears the fact remains that MD said they could issue receipts & then found out they couldn't. So I guess your apology is just that you named the wrong person as being the source. Again - Thanks so much!!!

FS/IHA:
EEUC Mutts, GM: NIP OBVs, New Amazon & MCZ, Bram. Rose, Rites of Spr., Cowboys, Cuddlebuns, SOS: EUC Knit & NIP OCV, Wool: SB'ish, Luxe, Recyc., Knitted

Last edited by GBMama; 12-17-2007 at 12:58 PM.
GBMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:55 PM   #7
rebeccah5
Behold: The Official Thread-Killer
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for your honesty. You know, not many people are willing to admit mistakes or apologize, and you have done both lately in regards to the whole MD situation. I really respect you for that.
Check out my knitting projects here and my stash here
rebeccah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:00 PM   #8
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

Charlene Keala 9.27.10, Zakary Michael 10.25.12 & Lillian Hikialani 10.25.14 ~

Baby "Teo" due December 2016 || Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:11 AM   #9
MelissaCoffey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I owe you all a huge thank you, that's for sure. You have doled me out a huge helping of grace in this situation and I appreciate it. I will say that the MD situation has left me feeling raked over the coals emotionally. I have seen huge character flaws in myself that I have really taken to heart. Number one, I was so quick to just assign blame because it's what I was told. Unless I knew that information FIRST HAND it should have never passed through me. I have no right to pass on something negative about another person if I didn't see what happened first hand. Lesson learned there. I also learned that my gut is right on. I was feeling like some of the problems weren't new. Little did I know how true that was. The communication problems go back to the very beginning, EVERY volunteer has had mega issues with Ruth. And they have left because of it. There is a root problem, not a cornucopia (sp?) of them. Ruth has been afraid that if she took a break and got things straightened out, some other charities would form in the meantime, but like the previous CFO said "So what? The point is helping families and that doesn't all have to come from MD!"

The third lesson I learned, and one my husband pointed out during our dinner out is that we don't need to be or do anything else but be Mom during the time our children are little. We should not have anything else more important going on. Even working Mommies can leave most of their work behind when they leave work, but those who have these driving missions while they have small children are harming their families and harming other people in the process. Miracle Diapers is something that needs a ton of time and attention. It's a mission best suited for someone with OLDER children. Even just out of babyhood. That way, those children can be real helpers and the mission brings the family together, doesn't tear them apart.

If this all keeps going this way, Miracle Diapers is going to fail. It's that simple. You can't have this organization where you pick random people to fill big shoes and expect them to function without you, the head, and then go into a tizzy when they do things differently than you'd like them too. Ruth wants to be the head of this, but will not take any advice on how to make things better. After all this went down, she didn't take it to heart and just concentrate on getting things back in order. She is getting ready to open a new chapter. Worst idea EVER. The whole idea of closing things down just for a short bit while getting things more organized has been on the table long before I even came on board. The previous people asked Ruth numerous times for a short break to get things under control and she wouldn't allow it. But then she goes MIA all the time with many different reasons, God bless her. I know she's struggled with a lot in her personal life, but man alive, be honest about it and honest with yourself. Do what you CAN do and leave it at that. Otherwise you are hurting yourself, hurting your family and hurting the people that trust you to do what you have promised you would do. The people you take money from, and take donations from are still hurt when you are "too stressed, have a headache, having personal problems, busy with the kids...."

Whew, I guess this turned into a caffiene loaded vent of vast proportions LOL. Am having a lot of feelings about all this since being in contact with the other gal who quit awhile ago. I feel sort of taken, but I also feel hugely sorry for Ruth too. I have been in a place where I took on too much and let pride get in the way of doing the right thing. Oh what a relief when I finally let it go. I wish she would do the same....

Thank you all for your sweet words. I know it's just the internet and we don't know each other all that well, but the support has meant everything to me!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:18 AM   #10
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

More Melissa.

You are such a wonderful mama and I always learn so much from you. You inspire me to be a better mom and wife. To know what is important in life and know what to let go of.

Charlene Keala 9.27.10, Zakary Michael 10.25.12 & Lillian Hikialani 10.25.14 ~

Baby "Teo" due December 2016 || Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote