Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2011, 10:41 PM   #1
lilbugsmomma
Registered Users
seller

BPA in Magic Bullet?

A friend just bought a magic bullet (regular, not baby bullet) to make baby food and then returned it the next day when she realized it wasn't BPA free. I used my magic bullet to make my DS food and had planned to use it for my next. I never even thought about BPA!! Actually I don't really even know what it is? I just know that it's bad stuff in plastic that you're supposed to avoid. Is it still safe to use? I just put the food in there to blend it and then pour it into ice cube trays, which I will have to make sure are BPA Free! And the times that I didn't use my bullet, I used my older blender that I imagine is bad plastic as well!!

Advertisement

lilbugsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
babycat42
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: BPA in Magic Bullet?

I would not worry because the food doesn't sit in the bullet. You puree and pour it out. But I wouldn't heat the food in the bullet, if only because it's close to impossible open it back up again.
babycat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:53 PM   #3
mommyh74
Registered Users
seller

My understanding is that the Magic Bullet is BPA Free...why they don't say it on the front I have no idea...where was it that I saw it...I think in the booklet that you get with the bullet??? Like the first few pages??? I don't know but I could swear it is...
mommyh74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:32 AM   #4
starbug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I saw this I ran into the kitchen to get the magic bullet booklet. On page 4 it says that it indeed is BPA free! But it says "...magic bullet has gone BPA free." So that means that the older ones weren't.
starbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:04 AM   #5
lilbugsmomma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbug View Post
When I saw this I ran into the kitchen to get the magic bullet booklet. On page 4 it says that it indeed is BPA free! But it says "...magic bullet has gone BPA free." So that means that the older ones weren't.
Oh that sucks, mine is atleast 5 years old.

I did read somewhere that BPA is only bad if it's heated to very hot temperatures. Not sure if this is true though. I was thinking BPA was only bad if it was sitting in something for a long time, such as a baby bottle or water bottle.
lilbugsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #6
jennmarie
Registered Users

It would be nice to know when they switched to BPA free, we've had our's for a few years, (booklet is long gone), but I think I'll still be ok, because the food will be in the plastic for less then 5 min, after that it will be stored in ice cube trays and/or containers. I'll just make sure that I double check they are BPA free when I get those.
jennmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
Barsi
Registered Users

I have a Magic Bullet and also wanted to confirm the product is BPA free. The guide makes a statement that it has "gone BPA free" and then continues on with modified heating instructions, which had me question if they were taking a position that modified heating eliminates release of BPA. Of course, this would not be the same as "free", but you never know if they're playing on words these days, so I called to verify.

Customer Service at Homeland Housewares, LLC did confirm that Bisphenol A was eliminated from all of the containers in 2010. The agent also requested the number from the bottom of my unit and looked it up to confirm it was a model without BPA. She explained the modified heating instructions were to address a warping issue with the plastic now used. I actually don't use plastic in the micro anyway, so this is not a concern for me. Bottom line, if you have a model purchased before 2010, than yes, it contains BPA. If you purchased during 2010 or at the start of 2011, call the company (866-446-6352) to have them look up your unit number to verify whether that's the case if it's a concern. If you have to leave a mssg, they will call back.
Barsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:30 AM   #8
james2c19v
Registered Users

I know this is a necro, but this is a top Google hit. I just called Magic Bullet customer service and they told me that all their products have always been BPA-free. So even though mine was from 2009, they assured me that it was also BPA free.
james2c19v is offline   Reply With Quote