Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #481
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I hear this a lot, and don't "get it".....

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicteddad View Post
Argumentum ad populum
And? Are there not cultural "truths?"

Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #482
vatblack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So did Puppydog get banned for 6 months because of the douchecano comment. I get she riles people up a lot but I really wonder if she was THAT offensive. She even apologized when it was pointed out to her exactly how it made others feel. I have seen worse on here. Why does Vespertina get a pass on that long word she called all the gods?

Yes, I'm seriously asking because this seriously bothers me.

Last edited by vatblack; 03-29-2013 at 03:21 PM.
vatblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #483
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
No, you really haven't offended me at all & I' m sorry that it's coming across that way. I really kind of like the back & forth

I *know* that, for the most part, a sin is a sin is a sin, and that envy, stealing, adultery, disobedience, & gay sex are all sins of the same severity from a Christian standpoint. I'd ask you, then, why it is that you so need to define LGBTQ people as a discrete group, community, or populace? Would you feel the need to say that you "don't agree w/ the thieving lifestyle" or refer to" the adultery community" ? Of course not. B/c while they all have engaged in the same behavior, they don't all have the same lifestyle or participate in a community of people who are also adulterers. You would say, "we're all sinners. We're all the same. Walk arm in arm with me." And leave it to God, if he exists, to pass judgment in the end. But I feel like your rhetoric around LGBTQ people says something else
I specified gays particularly in the thread because I felt it was relevant to the topic at hand. I do also use the term adulterous lifestyle. I wouldn't say thieving lifestyle, just because I think it sounds weird, but I would say I disagree with thievery. Maybe I just talk funny? Lol.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #484
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

More to do with people actually recognizing the insult.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #485
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatblack View Post
So did Puppydog get banned for 6 months because of the douchecano comment. I get she riles people up a lot but I really wonder if she was THAT offensive. I have seen worse on here. Why does Vespertina get a pass on that long word she called all the gods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
More to do with people actually recognizing the insult.
At least I felt that puppy was here to contribute to the debate in her own way. It seems vespertina is playing the role of pot stirrer now that puppy is gone. With less shock and awe and more hey look at my college degree.
Cautiously expecting #4 10/6/16
EmmaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #486
Vespertina
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
So did Puppydog get banned for 6 months because of the douchecano comment. I get she riles people up a lot but I really wonder if she was THAT offensive. I have seen worse on here. Why does Vespertina get a pass on that long word she called all the gods?

So, if I call Odin [insert name here], that's uber offensive and bannable? Hilarious. This I wonder. Not that I'd actually call him that because he isn't real and thus not really a [insert name here]. It's called being sarcastic and facetious and also shining light on the double standard that exists.

No one bats an eye at someone calling Thor a "bad name," and heck, there could be Asatruars here, but the moment someone pulls the same move on the Abrahamic pantheon then war descends upon the evil sinner. That deserves a big fat eyeroll.

Last edited by Vespertina; 03-30-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Vespertina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:22 PM   #487
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

I didn't report either but find them both offensive. I am ignoring this particular poster because it wasn't directed at me and her posts give me a head ache. I'm a simple girl.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #488
Vespertina
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
At least I felt that puppy was here to contribute to the debate in her own way. It seems vespertina is playing the role of pot stirrer now that puppy is gone. With less shock and awe and more hey look at my college degree.
No. I'm countering arguments or positions folks put forth. Simple as that.

Vespertina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #489
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatblack

Woah if we're just going to start banning people because they publicly say they don't believe in God and spout opinions, then I'm out. Vespertina came across as very respectful. Puppydog... Well, I could have done without the douchecanoe comment. I don't have to like your god. In fact, I don't. Doesn't mean we need to go all junior high and call names and call for suspension. I'll leave that up the admins.

And with that, I'm done. I've made my points while trying to be respectful. I'm not sure I accomplished that as I am on the different side of the fence of many of these women. It doesn't mean I bear them any enmity.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #490
vatblack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vespertina View Post
So, if I call Odin an a**hat, that's uber offensive and bannable? Hilarious. This I wonder. Not that I'd actually call him that because he isn't real and thus not really an a**hat. It's called being sarcastic and facetious and also shining light on the double standard that exists.

No one bats an eye at someone calling Thor a "bad name," and heck, there could be Asatruars here, but the moment someone pulls the same move on the Abrahamic pantheon then war descends upon the evil sinner. That deserves a big fat eyeroll.
I have no bone to pick with you. Only with the fact that one user gets banned for 6 months after she apologised for the same actions you are taking but you aren't even talked to.

It is the double standard of DS that I'm questioning. Not your point of view.