Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-28-2014, 01:46 PM   #171
bruenderbaby
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Any Catholic mamas of many?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
You know what convinced my dh- a couple of years in Catholic school!!
Well, unfortunately, it isn't a choice between Catholic school or homeschool. His choice is public school. I would be okay with our parish Catholic school, since it is traditional, he is not okay with 'paying extra for something we are already paying for' . . . (sigh) Luckily, he is very logical (he's an engineer), so I might have a shot appealing to that, since homeschooling is VERY logically the better choice, especially out here in southern California (one of the worst states for public school education).

Advertisement

Old 02-28-2014, 04:06 PM   #172
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a very logical dh so I feel your pain. Its a great characteristic in many ways but I always have to be super prepared with data when making a decision.

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2014, 10:33 AM   #173
bruenderbaby
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
I have a very logical dh so I feel your pain. Its a great characteristic in many ways but I always have to be super prepared with data when making a decision.

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk
Exactly! Luckily, there is plenty of data in favor of homeschooling, especially compared to public schools. I think the biggest hurdle is going to be getting him to let go of all of the stereotypes and misinformation about homeschooled children/families.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:38 AM   #174
bruenderbaby
Registered Users

My Mood:

Speaking of homeschooling . . . for those mommas doing it . . .

What curriculums do you use/like?

Do any of you have used curriculum you want to sell?
I have been looking on the homeschooling forum, but I haven't seen much by way of Catholic. I specifically am interested in the Catholic Heritage and Our Lady of Victory religion.

Has anyone used the BOB Books for teaching reading?
Old 03-08-2014, 11:06 AM   #175
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruenderbaby
Speaking of homeschooling . . . for those mommas doing it . . . What curriculums do you use/like? Do any of you have used curriculum you want to sell? I have been looking on the homeschooling forum, but I haven't seen much by way of Catholic. I specifically am interested in the Catholic Heritage and Our Lady of Victory religion. Has anyone used the BOB Books for teaching reading?
theres a yahoo group called cathswap.....tons of moms selling EVERYTHING!!!!!
Old 03-08-2014, 05:04 PM   #176
MamanMoore
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruenderbaby
Speaking of homeschooling . . . for those mommas doing it . . . What curriculums do you use/like? Do any of you have used curriculum you want to sell? I have been looking on the homeschooling forum, but I haven't seen much by way of Catholic. I specifically am interested in the Catholic Heritage and Our Lady of Victory religion. Has anyone used the BOB Books for teaching reading?
We're mostly done the K core of Catholic Heritage. I like it. We're pretty relaxed and I found it much more adaptable than Seton looked. I bought most of their grade 1 core kit (though not all this time around since I have a better sense of what we'll actually use, and what we'll just unschool.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:39 PM   #177
bruenderbaby
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisathib123 View Post
theres a yahoo group called cathswap.....tons of moms selling EVERYTHING!!!!!
Oooo, thank you!
Old 03-09-2014, 08:45 AM   #178
threestraycats
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we use seton because everything is organized for you & it is academically rigorous. it is also fully accredited & has been around for a while. our other choice was mother of divine grace which is tempting.

we have used seton for 6 years now & love it.

BOB books are the only readers that my kids have learned on. they are so simple yet confidence-building & they really work (not pricey either).

GL with the homeschooling decision!