Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2011, 12:45 AM   #91
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: vent: getting tired of people saying, "you're done having kids, right?"

With my 3rd I would get comments that hurt. But since we thought we were infertile we had already told those who asked we weren't having any more. Most people thought we didn't want any more. 12 yrs married no birth control and only 2 kids. I definitely looked when I saw large families but it was because I wanted so bad to have more. Now we are 13 yrs married and have 3 kids. I want more but the intern at the hospital told us we would be risking my life and the babies life to have more. I asked our OB. She wasn't quiet so definite but said she would for sure take the next at 36 weeks to prevent uterine rupture. Our 3 were all term but emergency sections. Before this I had pretty well talked my husband into having 6 kids. I just wish we had been a little better situated money wise when we found out about our last one. A comment my mother would get especially when she was pregnant with her 7th was- God said to populate the world but not all by yourself. I remember now how much she hated that. Each person seemed to think what a wonderfully original thought that was.

Advertisement

qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:24 AM   #92
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

My son goes to pre-k with a girl whose mama is pregnant with #4. So that makes 3 under 5 and #4 due any day. I'm always over hearing comments made to her like, "you're pregnant AGAIN????".
In my own personal circle I only know 1 family with more than 2 kids, and they only have 3. It makes me sad that so many people see kids as a hinderance to their own persuits.
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:33 AM   #93
mamaof10
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I get it all the time. I have 10 right now and Im 30. My husband passed away a couple years ago and now Im engaged...my fiancee and I have 2 and his parents are always TELLING us we are done. not asking if we are done but TELLING us we are done. really?? ugh, my dad has given up, he knows im gonna have as many as I want so he dont bother anymore but I get it all the time. are you done now?? you have how many?? why??
AND Karlee (21 mos), AND Jessika Dawn 7-6-11!
mamaof10 is offline   Reply With Quote