Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2008, 09:11 PM   #1
TestifyToLove
Registered Users
seller

Calling all large families

So, we asked for our own forum and we can't have it right now. Cowmommy said we could have our own thread stickied here. So, let's get the ball rolling!

I'm Jo. Mom of 7 today, expecting #8 in January.

Who else is with me here?

And, here's a sign that you're a large family. We're WAY behind on the laundry. Dh has done non-stop laundry for the last 2 days to help me out. My couch is buried in clean clothes, we've done nearly 10 loads....and we're just making a DENT in the laundry room mess.

Advertisement

Old 08-30-2008, 09:15 PM   #2
The*Fab*Four
Mama behind Jem*Jam Customs!
Formerly: Jem*Jam Customs
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Calling all large families

I guess we have a large family..........5 children and 1 on the way in May of 09.

I have to do 3-4 loads per day to stay on top of the laundry. Now that my youngest is pl'ed, at least I don't have to wash diapers
J{4.04}, J{11.05}, J {8.09}, J {3.11}
Sweet Baby Girl J will arrive the week of May 12th {34w} due to a Placenta Percreta.
The*Fab*Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:54 PM   #3
readerbaby
Registered Users
seller

Hello Ladies,

My name is Suri. I'm the mother of 1 girl, 4 boys and another baby boy on the way. Due in October.

I love having a large family and honestly I'm not sure if this baby will be our last yet.

The difficulty we are having right now is that our van seats 7 and we are about to be 8. We'll figure it out. Maybe switch the 2 seat bench for another 3 seater... hmm.

Other than that, it's just a matter of planning in advance and being ready for whatever may happen.

Glad to be here,
Suri
readerbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 09:59 PM   #4
Mommi3130
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Mommas!
I am Tamara, I am mommy of 6.
Mommi3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:23 PM   #5
TestifyToLove
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
The difficulty we are having right now is that our van seats 7 and we are about to be 8.
Mine seats 12. When he bought it for me, Dh told me I had to limit my family size to what this van would hold because he wasn't buying a 15 passenger. Yesterday, I pointed out that I still have 2 seats in the van and he insisted that just because he said I was limited to what would fit in the van didn't mean I had to FILL it all the way.

I figured it was wise to not point out that in 6 years they'll start leaving and clearing room in that van for more!
Old 08-30-2008, 10:43 PM   #6
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yea
Not a forum but a start.My name is jennifer and I have 7 ages 4 months to almost 12.We do have a 15 passenger and sometimes even that feels too small.I don't even know where to start I have so many ideas and questions.First of all I guess my question is how do you deal with the comments?Most of them are nice, but we can't go anywhere without people asking if they are all ours and then go on to say "wow you have your hands full" do they really think that they are the first to say that?Some people say we must be brave or crazy RIGHT in front of my kids I just want to scream it makes the kids feel like something is wrong with our family.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:48 PM   #7
Primm_n_Proper_Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What qualifies you as a large family; I think I'm on the cusp
Old 08-30-2008, 10:51 PM   #8
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primm_n_Proper_Baby View Post
What qualifies you as a large family; I think I'm on the cusp
I don't think there's a number, but someone said when the kids out number the parents.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:55 PM   #9
baylandria
Registered Users

Talking Re: Calling all large families

Quote:
Originally Posted by TestifyToLove View Post
So, we asked for our own forum and we can't have it right now. Cowmommy said we could have our own thread stickied here. So, let's get the ball rolling!

I'm Jo. Mom of 7 today, expecting #8 in January.

Who else is with me here?

And, here's a sign that you're a large family. We're WAY behind on the laundry. Dh has done non-stop laundry for the last 2 days to help me out. My couch is buried in clean clothes, we've done nearly 10 loads....and we're just making a DENT in the laundry room mess.
I thought the laundry problem was only in my house!
I am Erin and I just had #4 (in less than 5 years) and would love to have more. Neither my husband or I came from big families, so this is new to us. I would love to hear about how others handle things like activities, chores, organization, etc...
baylandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 12:29 AM   #10
ClothDiaperingMama
Registered Users
seller

I am Kaydee. .mama to 5. We have 3 girls living.. ages almost 20, 16, and 12. We also have 2 boys ages {almost} 3 years old and 4 months old.

My DH would love a lot more, but I think I am done. {I HATE being pregnant}.

We have two in CDs, but ds1 is actively using the potty. He just loves his minkee pockets and his FBs. So.. we will see. I wonder if anyone makes pocket minkee trainers for boys?

I am so glad for our sticky! Anyone have any good Crockpot meals that will feed 6 or more easily with some left overs for lunch? {Would that be a sticky of its own? }.

It is nice to see other mamas of large families! Great idea for the sticky and forum!