Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2009, 06:05 PM   #11
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Your fundal height with twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwieberdink View Post
She was super skinny before pregnancy, but I didn't know because she came to me initially at 30 weeks. It was her fifth pregnancy (her fifth and sixth babies).
She did measure 42 cm at term (she went full term) but other than that she was right on. The first baby was 6.5 lb, the second one was nearly 8.5 lb. Both healthy and normal
That is so interesting then, especially not really mesureing ahead, was she tall then?
I love you little avi picture - so very precious.

Advertisement

Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:11 PM   #12
cwieberdink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Michele, if it's twins I'm STAYING HOME. Do you know what they DO to twin moms in the hospital? LOL. My midwife is good with it as long as the babies are head down, but I think I would probably push her to help me anyway if at least the first was head down.

I am now 99% convinced there is only one baby in there. There's just a niggling of doubt, but I'm pretty sure it's only one. I've always wanted twins, but now that I've started my independent practice, I know twins would mean a big break from midwifery and that weighs on me a little. One baby can easily be in a wrap at my breast while I catch someone else's baby.... two babies, not so much.
cwieberdink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:12 PM   #13
cwieberdink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7arrows4God View Post
That is so interesting then, especially not really mesureing ahead, was she tall then?
I love you little avi picture - so very precious.
Thanks! That's my 2.5 year old when she was just 10 days old. She is still the cutest thing you can possibly imagine. Everyone adores her!

And the lady is not terribly tall, about 5'6". She just had another baby 7 weeks ago, just one this time, but he was 10 lb. 2 oz. LOL. And she measured UNDER the whole time!!
Old 10-25-2009, 07:58 PM   #14
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

wow, that is amazing. She had a lot of baby in there for no measuring ahead. I am only 5.2 and petite so I do not think I could hide like that. But always curious because you always hear of those stories that do not follow the norm. I always love those stories. Ones that would throw any doctor off because they have the text book way it should happen. I love when God's perfection wins out. :O)
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:17 AM   #15
mammaof??
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Michele, if it's twins I'm STAYING HOME. Do you know what they DO to twin moms in the hospital? LOL. My midwife is good with it as long as the babies are head down, but I think I would probably push her to help me anyway if at least the first was head down.

I am now 99% convinced there is only one baby in there. There's just a niggling of doubt, but I'm pretty sure it's only one. I've always wanted twins, but now that I've started my independent practice, I know twins would mean a big break from midwifery and that weighs on me a little. One baby can easily be in a wrap at my breast while I catch someone else's baby.... two babies, not so much.
Yes, I know what they do around here to moms with twins, which is why both of my sets were born at home, lol. Glad your midwife is supportive of unconventional situations. Both times in my case, both babies were vertex, but the first pregnancy it was not until right before they were born (both born at exactly 39 weeks).

I am still very excited for you and another pregnancy. Congrats again!

Michele

Mama to my amazing 8: 9, 7, 6, 4, 4 2, 2, AND Newbie, born 5/30/11- last 6 all born at home. Loving the babymoon!
mammaof?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:15 AM   #16
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Well, I had a hospital birth with my first set and will again with this set. I had them vaginally without a problem. I am very informed and know exactly what they do (and did). The OB (and his Midwife partner) are even more pro-vaginal birth than my last OB, which is why I switched with this set. To each their own.

As for knowing, I knew with both sets also before it was confirmed. But, we use fertility treatments, so it wasn't out of the blue.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:12 PM   #17
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my singles I was always right on. With my twins I was 4-8 weeks ahead starting at 20w when he started measuring fundal height.
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:26 AM   #18
mommy2five&counting
Registered Users
seller

My first MW appt was at 13 wks and I was measuring 19 wks. I have been measuring 6 to 8 wks ahead at each visit. I've never measured ahead with any of my singles. I am 5'8" and tall waisted, FWIW.

Last edited by mommy2five&counting; 10-28-2009 at 07:33 AM.
mommy2five&counting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:46 PM   #19
snuggleymama
Registered Users

My Mood:

i don't remember when i started measuring ahead but i was anywhere from 8-11 weeks ahead near the end (delivered at 37w2d when water broke on baby A - my little man.) i was pretty enormous by then.
snuggleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:47 PM   #20
cwieberdink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I had my 17 week midwife appt. today. I'm 17 weeks and measured 22. Although this is my eighth baby, I have never measured ahead like this before in any pregnancy. At first, my MW thought she felt two "lumps" then after pushing around a while, felt only one. She only got one heartbeat, as do I at home.

I only ever feel kicking in one spot at a time, I usually only feel one baby (although I've thought I felt two "lumps" on three or four occasions)

It's driving me crazy enough that I moved up my US from November 23 to Monday. So then I will know for sure.