Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #21
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wool or fleece for nighttime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermomof2 View Post
Thanks so much for all the input, ladies! Hmmm, so maybe I should try a bit of both and see how that works?

Those who use fleece...are soakers for nighttime different than those used during the day? More layers or just thicker?

Going to go look on etsy now...
I make single and double layer soakers for the fleece ones I sell. I just use a single layer on my 15 month old and we've never had any leaks, even when her fitted is soaked in the morning. I like the fit of single layer soakers better, they stretch more than the double layer ones so they seem to fit longer too.

So really it's personal preference, but I use the same ones for night and day. Although I use fleece mostly just at night. I don't have enough fitteds to use them during the day.

I always use blizzard or antipill fleece on my soakers and longies. Regular fleece or microfleece will wick. If you have more questions about fleece, feel free to PM me. I make it quite a bit.

Advertisement

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #22
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wool or fleece for nighttime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermomof2 View Post
Thanks so much for all the input, ladies! Hmmm, so maybe I should try a bit of both and see how that works?

Those who use fleece...are soakers for nighttime different than those used during the day? More layers or just thicker?

Those who use wool....what exactly should I be looking for when searching for nighttime wool...is interlock better for nighttime?

Going to go look on etsy now...
For my son, his nighttime fleece had to be thicker than daytime. For daytime, anti-pill fleece soaker with an extra layer of anti-pill fleece in the wet-zone was fine. However, I changed him pretty regularly and he wore absorbent diapers (I would say he was a heavy wetter). At nights, though, he could only get by with that type of soaker if I had him in a really really fluffy, absorbent diaper. Compared to a lot of other nighttime solutions I read about here on DS, his was one of the fluffiest

For the BEST protection from compression leaks, Wind Pro fleece is the top contender. So for nights I recommend looking for something that has a layer of Wind Pro or more than two layers of anti-pill (I found three layers did a great job).

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote