Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2017, 12:00 PM   #11
texas.mama
Registered Users

Re: homeschool foster kids???

I've heard it isn't allowed here in Texas at all. As someone else said, foster children are in the care of the state, so it's state schools. It also adds to continuity. I'll add something else, as a former teacher I certainly felt that teacher's reports (as well as school nurses') were taken seriously. These are often the first report that initiates an investigation. No matter how small, I had reports followed up with at least phone calls/questions, and I know of friends whose reports led to removal. So besides providing the kids services, the state also has a back-up form of accountability. No matter who is being investigated or why, teachers may be called upon to answer questions.

Advertisement

texas.mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 11:47 PM   #12
13kittycats
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: homeschool foster kids???

not allowed in WI. Private school can be considered. Only is severe cases can an exception be made. E-school can be an option. The county and state have an obligation to make sure the children are receiving a full education. Although many homeschool families do an excellent job, some also may lack in certain areas or take a 4 day approach year round vs. 5 days for 9 months. These kiddos can end up going home when least expected at times.