Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
babykanani
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Help: constant blow-out with flats

I've tried pretty much all the folds from the tutorials, but still: the poop comes out on the sides and/or the back every single time.
It happens even when I fold down the rise in the back and fold pretty tight...
what am I doing wrong???

Every advice is very so appreciated! I'm sick of washing my wool-covers every day...

Advertisement

babykanani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help: constant blow-out with flats

I can only tell you what worked for me.

I used an orgami fold then jeely rolled w/snappi. After everything was set I ddi some extra tucking into the possible blowout areas.

I hope it helps a little.

GL
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Some babies are shaped in such a way that they will have poosplosions no matter what you do, like they don't have much for fat rolls. Some babies have exceptionally liquid poos--one of my babies leaked poo of every diaper, every cover, every disposable. Every. Single. Poo. Which was usually 5-8 times a day when she was EBF. I was a CD veteran with 5 years under my belt then, never a leak on my first two kiddos, but that baby just leaked. So it may not be your fault, just your baby's
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #4
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda29
Some babies are shaped in such a way that they will have poosplosions no matter what you do, like they don't have much for fat rolls. Some babies have exceptionally liquid poos--one of my babies leaked poo of every diaper, every cover, every disposable. Every. Single. Poo. Which was usually 5-8 times a day when she was EBF. I was a CD veteran with 5 years under my belt then, never a leak on my first two kiddos, but that baby just leaked. So it may not be your fault, just your baby's
I agree. DS's EBF poos almost always got on the cover when he was teeny but it got better as he got older. One, he pooped less frequently and two, he grew. I don't like washing wool constantly so I would get some PUL covers, OP.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:06 AM   #5
babykanani
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda29 View Post
Thank you. That makes me feel better. I'll give it a few more tries though before I consider her a poosplosioner
Old 12-26-2012, 01:10 AM   #6
holocene
Registered Users

The only flat fold that worked for us was the kite fold with it folded down in the back and very tight jelly rolled legs.
holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:10 AM   #7
babykanani
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
I agree. DS's EBF poos almost always got on the cover when he was teeny but it got better as he got older. One, he pooped less frequently and two, he grew. I don't like washing wool constantly so I would get some PUL covers, OP.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Yeah, I guess I might have to say goodbye to wool, but I love it so much and just got into knitting my own wool soakers :-(
I really don,t like PUL, maybe I'll switch to fleece since that's machine washable...
Old 12-26-2012, 02:55 AM   #8
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No advice but I am having the same issue I'm about ready to try fitteds. I do think it may be a baby shape issue cause my older dd didn't have this happen. Both of my girls are synthetics sensitive too so all I have are wool covers.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #9
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I found with flats sometimes they are too trim (fit too close to the bottom), even with a big jellyroll and back roll. With prefolds they are bulkier and so when you jellyroll and fold down the back you get a sizeable "poop pocket" which gives all the poop somewhere to go. Just a thought... I always had an easier time containing EBF poosplosions with prefolds than flats.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #10
vansen19
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my dd has leaks with flats and pf's, but i introduced banana in the morning to help solidify things ditto on loose EBF poo- it gets fewer as baby gets older.