Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-26-2012, 02:55 PM   #11
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wool or fleece for nighttime?

wool at night for my DS & all day too as he has a polyester allergy (no PUL either). we use Kissaluv machine knit. I tried disana & was not a fan. unfelted they leaked for us & once I felted them enough to not leak they were a bit snug & uncomfortable in the cuffs for DS.

Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #12
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junipervt View Post
wool at night for my DS & all day too as he has a polyester allergy (no PUL either). we use Kissaluv machine knit. I tried disana & was not a fan. unfelted they leaked for us & once I felted them enough to not leak they were a bit snug & uncomfortable in the cuffs for DS.
I think that is where my decision to buy them really big helped us a lot. As he has grown he has slimmed down. I think had I bought the size he was supposed to be in we would have had an issue with the leg cuffs as well.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #13
supermomof2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
Absolutely. When we bought our first disana money was a big issue. Not knowing if we would be able to buy the next size up I went with the biggest I thought I could pull of. I was putting on a 98-105 I think is the size on my then 4 month old. He is now 18 months old and still wearing them. They have felted from extensive use but I should still be able to use them for some time to come. Depending on how he grows we may yet potty train still using them. With discounts we paid $20 each. I would say money well spent. Especially as he often just wore them over his diaper with a tshirt and socks on his feet during the day. When I get on my pc I will post a pic. They did look pretty funny when we first got them in but I was more concerned they did the job I bought them for.

This one is a disana and is size 98-104/2-3t. This is the day I got them in the mail so they haven't been felted at all. They do fit better after some felting. I only did minimal at first figuring it would continue to felt after continued use.
Attachment 128242

This one is smaller. It is an 86-92/12-24months. Although they look almost identical in size to the bigger size as they heve felted they are now just a bit smaller. He may well outgrow these by 24 months.

Attachment 128243

The off white one is an engel. It is size 98-104/2-3t. It does run bigger than the disana and doesn't felt as easily either. It is in my opinion though ugly and only comes in natural. So if you want colors you must dye them yourself.

Attachment 128244

At the time I bought them all I was getting whatever the store had left in stock. We needed them right away, couldn't wait until whenever restocking occured and had a 30% off coupon for that particular store so were unwilling to buy elsewhere
What a cutie! Thank you so much for posting these. I guess that was one of my hesitations with wool....that you need to keep getting the next size up.

Is there such a thing as a one-size wool cover or would that just be too bulky?
Old 12-26-2012, 10:23 PM   #14
Poodlemum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermomof2 View Post
Wow! lol That's some serious nighttime protection.
She takes 4-5 oz of milkies before bed and sleeps a good 12 hours lol. I'm dreading when she potty trains because there is no waking her up!

Visit my FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pied-...68899319840619
My Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PiedPipersDiapers
Poodlemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:09 AM   #15
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My vote is for fleece! It doesn't absorb at all, so it has to be thicker than day-weight fleece or typical fleece jammies or pants. I just wash it with the regular laundry after a night of use. It doesn't smell any different than the diaper, to me. The downside is that you need more fleece covers than wool covers since you really wouldn't want to re-use fleece after it has been worn overnight, but the upside is that it's easy to wash and care for. I know many mamas say wool is very easy, but for me it's MUCH easier to wash things w/regular laundry in the washing machine.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:06 AM   #16
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermomof2 View Post
Oh, wow...cool. So it's okay if the wool is a little too big?

I prefer it that way

and I love my wool.

DS was a huge baby so while not so mobile way-to-big wool was snuggly. Now it fits for when he's running a year later (also talking disana like soakers).

Good to know on the stink, but DS and polyester don't mix so we can't do fleece- even the cute seasonal pjs I wanted him to wear (was a surprise to me because I bought a whole stash first!). (otherwise I think I'd have both)
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:50 AM   #17
disneylindsay
Registered Users
seller

Another vote for Wool!! I LOVE my wool and it is the best night solution!! I love it for daytime too, I am almost using wool 100% of the time with my son, who is now 11 months!
Wool is not hard to care for at all. If you want to try wool and you want to start cheap, then look at Myecobaby, on etsy, she does upcycled wool and it is reasonable, you can't mess them up, and she has really cute patterns too. I also love the Disana, they will last a long time, just as a PP already stated, I have 2 for my daughter who is 2 for night and she has been wearing them for well over a year now, and they still fit well!
Also Grateful Buns on Etsy has great nighttime worthy wool, they are not the prettiest, but she has 3 layers and most are all cashmere on the inside with not seams against baby, plus she lanolizes them heavily before sending with a liquid lanolin, so you do not have to do that step, they are just ready to go when you get them! I really Like those ones too!
Have fun shopping for wool and get ready, because it becomes a little addicting, lol!
Old 12-27-2012, 05:56 AM   #18
srw.mutter
Registered Users
seller
seller

like others, I prefer wool over fleece, but have and used both.
Don't have to wash wool as often and doesn't smell after a few uses
srw.mutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #19
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've used both and haven't had leaks with either. Yes, you have to wash Fleece after it's been used, but three fleece soakers (at least from me) are much cheaper than one wool one. I use fleece because wool isn't in my budget. If I were to use it fulltime, I would go for wool, but for just overnight, fleece works just fine and is much easier to take care of.

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #20
supermomof2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks so much for all the input, ladies! Hmmm, so maybe I should try a bit of both and see how that works?

Those who use fleece...are soakers for nighttime different than those used during the day? More layers or just thicker?

Those who use wool....what exactly should I be looking for when searching for nighttime wool...is interlock better for nighttime?

Going to go look on etsy now...