Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
candlepledge
Registered Users

weight watchers??

has anyone had any experience with te weight watchers program for breastfeedign mothers??

i am looking to lose soem of thsi weight... eatign healthy and getting moving don't seem to be doing it lately. I actually found out i gained 7 pounds over the past 3 months.

any info appreciated???

Advertisement

candlepledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:58 PM   #2
odentonmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: weight watchers??

I know that they give you extra points when you are nursing. I have the book around here somewhere. I didn't stick with it, so I can't tell you how well it worked.
Help Keep Dr. Jack Newman's Breastfeeding Clinic open, click here for info & to donate.
odentonmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
sherbetarchitect
Registered
seller

I've lost 15.5 lbs in a little less than 8 weeks. WW ROCKS! I was on the plan before I got pregnant with lo #2 and lost 25 lbs in 3 months. I went back on plan at 5 months pp and I'm thrilled with it. It's very easy to do and it doesn't feel like a "diet". They have two options - flex plan and core plan. I did the flex up until yesterday - I just switched to Core and it is great too! You can join online for three months for $60 (for the real time meetings it's about 40 per month)

Feel free to pm me with any questions you might have. Also - in healthy living there is a ww thread...
Old 06-11-2008, 08:26 PM   #4
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

WW rocks!! I've been following WW since 2004 and promptly jumped back in after I had DD. I've lost 55 lbs since she's been born and feel great!

You get a ton of extra daily points for nursing and I never have a problem running low on points for the day now.

WW absolutely works if you stick with it. It just depends on how badly you want to change the way you eat and live. I just had chinese today and I had ice cream 2 days ago. Just because you're on WW doesn't mean you can't have certain foods. You just have to PLAN to have them. Or if you splurge, you just have to put a little more effort into eating healthier the rest of the week or getting more activity in to balance it out. (eta I DO eat healthy. I just threw in the chinese and ice cream as examples to show that I don't deprive myself of my fav. foods just because I'm doing WW. It's a life change, not a crash diet.)

But part of your post kinda struck me as a warning.

Quote:
eatign healthy and getting moving don't seem to be doing it lately.
WW is ALL about eating healthy and getting activity into your life. If you're not willing to change these things, WW probably won't work. But neither will diet pills, crash diets, or starving yourself.

If you're BFing the best thing you can do for your LO is eat healthy and get plenty of vitamins and water in. WW teaches you how to do that. It really does work if you want it to! I promise!

...and enough of my rambling...

Earning FREE Amazon.com gift cards using Swagbucks!

Last edited by Rainfall; 06-11-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:39 AM   #5
candlepledge
Registered Users

It is not that I don't want to eat healthy and excercise it is that i have been and it doen't seem to be working. I did weight watchers aout 9 years ago and i likee it becasue I found out that I was really eating less than I needed to and my body wa sin starvation mode. I think that this mght be what is happening to me again.
candlepledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:06 PM   #6
Hayden's Mom
Registered
seller

My Mood:

WW is great! I am trying to get myself back on track with it, but I lost the rest of my baby weight that had stuck to me for a year with it. I need to lose 50 more but it's my own fault not the program! They give you more points for nursing and I was only ever hungry if I wasted my points on alot of empty calories during the day.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:32 AM   #7
abbi77
Registered Users

My Mood:

I used ww bf plan after dd #3 was born & lost 60ish pounds that way. I never went to meetings or paid, just looked up the info I needed online & got a few program materials from a family member who did the whole meetings thing. The bf plan is 10 extra points per day, and the # of points you get per day is based upon your current weight (i.e. as you lose, your # of points per day goes down).

A couple of really good sites to help you find info

www.dwlz.com
http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/index.php

I can't wait to start again after this lo is out--I kept all my weight off for about 3 years, but in the last 2 or so, had re-gained about 20 d/t returning to my bad habits.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:38 AM   #8
Shyla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did WW while nursing my ds and plan on going back as soon as this little one arrives. You get extra points for nursing and it really does work if you follow the plan. I even find myself making better choices now while pregnant that I learned while doing WWs. It has really changed my life and helped me to eat healthier and get in shape. Its about changing your life not just a temp diet. I love it and cant wait to go back and finish getting rid of this extra weight
ISO GMS & Wool:
Shyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 10:18 AM   #9
katiematie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i plan on doing WW while nursing this time around. i think you get anywhere from 7-10 points extra a day to make up for the calories burned from BF.
Katie, single mama, BFing, CSing, non-vaxing, CDing, vegetarian mommy to Elijah-7, Aubriana-6, Rowin-4 and baby #4 due August 2012.
katiematie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:38 PM   #10
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did WW when my youngest turned 8 months. It is awesome! I lost 63lbs in 8 months. I plan on going right back to it fully after this baby arrives to lose the rest of the weight I need to. I have continued the principles while pregnant this time.