Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #301
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: February Use Your Stash Chatter thread

I love the diaper and matching dress! That is so cute!

(All our family is long distance.. so I actually posted between me and DH about 50 -100 photos on Facebook of her. Thank goodness I overshare on Facebook! Ha Ha! )

Today we have a crazy schedule so nothing will probably get done. This weekend I'm going to try to list stuff on Ebay. We might be be moving. I said that in October... packed up the house and then we ended up not moving! At least my craft stuff got organized because I packed and unpacked it. But Dh is flying out Sunday morning for a job interview on Monday. He won't be back till Tuesday night as the company he is applying with arranged for him to have a tour with a real estate agent in the town/surrounding area. And they sent him a loaded pre-paid visa for rent-a-car and food expenses. (They pre-paid airfare/hotel) I'm 99% sure he will get a job offer. They are being crazy generous. Of course we have a certain amount that if they don't offer that as a Salary, he won't take the job. So basically, I probably won't be sewing much at all in the near future so I'm going to try to finish up my little ufo projects that I have lingering about.

******We will need someone to volunteer to host in March! ************

Advertisement

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #302
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I might be able to host I don't think I am going to participate next month...not sure if I have been around long enough to host though! Let me know what needs to be done, and I can see what I can do!

Also- I hate to be a pain- but what do you think would be a good amount of flowers per FO

My goodness! that could be crazy! Does it take you away from family? Or are you already not close/not interested? For my DH and I to move would be taking us from all support. (all three sets of parents are within 30 minutes from us, and see them on a monthly, if not weekly basis)
Old 02-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #303
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kayla- That dress/diaper combo is going to be so cute on a little one I am sure you can't wait to see it in action!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:21 AM   #304
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLyssa View Post
I might be able to host I don't think I am going to participate next month...not sure if I have been around long enough to host though! Let me know what needs to be done, and I can see what I can do!

Also- I hate to be a pain- but what do you think would be a good amount of flowers per FO

My goodness! that could be crazy! Does it take you away from family? Or are you already not close/not interested? For my DH and I to move would be taking us from all support. (all three sets of parents are within 30 minutes from us, and see them on a monthly, if not weekly basis)
I guess 6 for a FO? I don't think you post a picture of them yet. So I'm just guessing that would be fair? (Remember you also get to count hand sewing time)
We don't live near family. No one has visited us since we moved here in Dec 2010. (And then DH paid his brother to come help us with the move here because I was on bedrest/complicated pregnancy and could not lift/pack/do anything.)
If I can survive them packing up the house and moving everything in 3 days over 300 miles... I can survive a normal move. I know how to label a box!

Old 02-21-2013, 12:45 AM   #305
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I will take some pictures tomorrow night. I have some more cut out that I want to get made up

Yes! I am a crazy labeler when it comes to moving. I am very specific and very crazy (some might say nit picky) about boxing and packing. I actually love moving, because I am weird.

I got sucked into reading some old threads...I seriously need to get to bed!

Last edited by MommyLyssa; 02-21-2013 at 12:48 AM.
MommyLyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #306
Kaylacherie88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I hate moving! Packing everything is the worst! You gals are crazy for not minding it.

I hope you have a safe move Rebbecca! Of course pending that DH gets the job! Good luck :-)

I would love to host the thread sometime but in afraid I will be a while. I'm due in the beginning of April but I doubt I'll last that long. It's great that you volunteered Alyssa!

I've been sewing away today since about 7:30! I met another mom the other day who was interested in cloth but didnt like the prices so I offered to make her a few with fabrics I had around the house (I was happy to get rid of my not so favorite print). Today I finished them! Woohoo! She's very happy too!

Last edited by Kaylacherie88; 02-24-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Kaylacherie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #307
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylacherie88 View Post
I hate moving! Packing everything is the worst! You gals are crazy for not minding it.

I hope you have a safe move Rebbecca! Of course pending that DH gets the job! Good luck :-)

I would love to host the thread sometime but in afraid I will be a while. I'm due in the beginning of April but I doubt I'll last that long. It's great that you volunteered Alyssa!

I've been sewing away today since about 7:30! I met another mom the other day who was interested in cloth but didnt like the prices so I offered to make her a few with fabrics I had around the house (I was happy to get rid of my not so favorite print). Today I finished them! Woohoo! She's very happy too!
I am amazed with your diaper skills. I don't have the stuff to make them, but even if I did, I think I would be too chicken! That is so great of you to make them for her! She gets a discounted price, you used up material you weren't thrilled with, and everyone is happy!

I don't mind hosting, I just need to find out what I am going to need to do

I haven't done much sewing. I made a doll dress yesterday and more flowers, but I am running out of projects! I might make a doll blanket out of some material I don't love so much for my dd...she just has so much stuff and such a small little room. (should take pictures and show- I LOVE her tiny little room
Old 02-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #308
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I got a new purse that will hold my camera body and a lens However, I don't want to just throw it in my purse with everything else, but lugging my huge bag and all the supplies along with my purse isn't gonna work.

I saw some things on etsy that are really awesome, but I would rather work from my stash if at all possible.

I want it to go in my purse along with my other things, so I don't want to make compartments- I just want a quick thing I can throw my camera into my purse with. I have tons of flannel I could use for padding if that would work?

Any ideas?
Old 02-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #309
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyLyssa View Post
I got a new purse that will hold my camera body and a lens However, I don't want to just throw it in my purse with everything else, but lugging my huge bag and all the supplies along with my purse isn't gonna work.

I saw some things on etsy that are really awesome, but I would rather work from my stash if at all possible.

I want it to go in my purse along with my other things, so I don't want to make compartments- I just want a quick thing I can throw my camera into my purse with. I have tons of flannel I could use for padding if that would work?

Any ideas?
For padding... I would use fleece if you have it. IF you use flannel, you need prewash everything. It will shrink at a different rate than your other fabric. If you ever need to wash it, it would warp.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #310
MommyLyssa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just a few quick cards a friend and I made last night - It doesn't count for anything, but some of the cards (most) are made with fabric scraps, and all of them were sewn on- I love the look!

And the flowers are all in sets I have about 5-10 more cut and ready to be made, but I don't want to. I want to sew something...