Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-15-2015, 12:25 AM   #1
KellynStorm
Registered Users
seller

Nipple confusion?

My 10 week old LO has been EBF since day one, and I introduced a bottle (Tomme Tippee) at 3 weeks w pumped BM so my SO can bottle her at night, and for babysitting purposes. Now the last week or so, LO gets frustrated when she first latches onto breast..she just screams at it instead of nursing. Is it because she gets fed faster w the bottle? Seems like it happens more frequently with my left breast?

Advertisement

KellynStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 01:48 PM   #2
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nipple confusion?

My LO did this, he was a preemie and I pumped and fed him for the first 6 weeks. It was a rough transition from bottles back to breast. I recommend getting the lowest flow nipples you can find (some brands have a preemie nipple) and make sure that whoever is feeding her is holding the bottle horizontally, so she has to work more to get it out.

Sometimes it helps to pump a little until you have a let down, then put your baby on. Maybe just try that with the left side? Sounds like maybe your left side isn't producing as much as the other.
apeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 09:25 PM   #3
KellynStorm
Registered Users
seller

I hadn't thought about pumping first to get the let down going, good idea!
Old 12-21-2015, 03:49 AM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

You can hand start it too. Is your supply ok on that side? Sometimes a baby has a preference.
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU, survey cow unlock referral code is8513604729
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 08:08 PM   #5
KellynStorm
Registered Users
seller

My supply actually seems better on the left side, which is the side she gets most upset about. Maybe its just a preference?