Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
Samommy1221
Registered Users
seller

Pitching my WAHM business- Feedback Please & Help Name it!

I've been trying to find my nitch as WAHM and I think I have found it! :Goodvibes: I started out by making a few shirts for my boys and a friend of mine suggested I go WAHM. The idea that I might be able to create pretty awesome, handcrafted, one of a kind, cool kid stuff, and keep it affordable... is a vision of sugar plums dancing in my head. I began hoarding up sale fabrics from my local craft store, but then it hit me. Like a side arm throw in dodgeball- I am not going to stock up on new fabrics- but I am going to do it all with recycled clothing or notions (sheets, blankets, etc.) I got to researching and here is what I found: Over one million ton of textiles are discarded annually, mostly from domestic sources, of which 25% are recycled. (Cupit 1996) so without further a due... Here are some of the things I have done:

My first shirt, the skully monster truck, was created using a pair of old boxers, a stained l/s shirt, and an outgrown onesie!

Some questions I have:
Hyena Cart Vs. Etsy Pros and Cons?

How much are you willing to pay PPD for a fully custom shirt?

Business Name suggestions, something neat and catchy- I want you to remember it! I would like for it to at least give you some kind of idea what the product is (repurposed tshirts... and would prefer if it wasnt kiddy because I want to leave me door open for other opportunities )

Shirt supply- Would you prefer a "new" shirt or do you like the idea of a completely recycled shirt? (I will probably offer both options- the benefit to new is availability of size/colors)

Prim and proper look Vs. Wonky wares- I am no professional seamstress and my designs are drawn and cut by hand. Do you think that will turn people off from buying the product?

Any other suggestions for me? I would greatly appreciate it- Thanks for your time and whew! sorry for keeping you here so long...

Last edited by Samommy1221; 07-31-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Needing a name!
Samommy1221 is offline   Reply With Quote