Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #141
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The Big Mamas August Thread

If I don't hit at least 1300 calories a day my weight does very unexpected things. Based on what you listed you were getting no where near what your body needs.

Advertisement

slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #142
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
If I don't hit at least 1300 calories a day my weight does very unexpected things. Based on what you listed you were getting no where near what your body needs.
I was not eating my points per day, it is so hard. I feel like all I do is eat when I eat them. Then I gain. I am adding more protein in for sure. That will help.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #143
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm struggling through PMS again. I was hoping that over time, it would get easier. Over the past two days, I have eaten a pint of coffee haggendaz (sp?) and a whole chocolate bar lol.

I sell LuLaRoe, check it out!
AmberP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #144
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I always crave sugar so bad at that time of the month! It's hard for me not to eat it so I do indulge a bit. Oh, well, as long as the overall progress is still forward it's all good.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:20 AM   #145
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
I'm struggling through PMS again. I was hoping that over time, it would get easier. Over the past two days, I have eaten a pint of coffee haggendaz (sp?) and a whole chocolate bar lol.
I just ate 2 McDs ice creams last night....ugh! Paid for that all night running to the bathroom. I am dairy sensitive apparently.

I did lose the weight though and am down to 162.7!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 07:49 AM   #146
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm back down too! I was 156.8 this morning. Last official weigh in was 156.5 but that 3 oz is probably because I had a glass of milk first thing to calm my stomach down and then weighed. So I'm sure I"m actually below and back to where I should be. Glad a few days of getting strict with myself is paying off. I'm trying to be extra careful though that every bite I take is nutrient rich so I'm not depriving myself of nutrients I need to be healthy. Also thinking I may up my calories a bit to either loosing 1/2 lb per week or maintenance. I really don't want to do anything that might effect this bean even if the dr says it isn't staying. I want to try and do my best to keep it here.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:33 AM   #147
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
I'm back down too! I was 156.8 this morning. Last official weigh in was 156.5 but that 3 oz is probably because I had a glass of milk first thing to calm my stomach down and then weighed. So I'm sure I"m actually below and back to where I should be. Glad a few days of getting strict with myself is paying off. I'm trying to be extra careful though that every bite I take is nutrient rich so I'm not depriving myself of nutrients I need to be healthy. Also thinking I may up my calories a bit to either loosing 1/2 lb per week or maintenance. I really don't want to do anything that might effect this bean even if the dr says it isn't staying. I want to try and do my best to keep it here.
Right on!!! You do not need to change your diet till the 2nd trimester when preggo. So keep up the good work!! Stick lil bean!
Old 08-31-2012, 08:48 AM   #148
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I think that if I were in your situation, I would up my calories to maintenance until I knew what was going on. Err on the side of caution, kwim?

AFM-- Still battling the monster that rages within No chocolate bar is safe.

Does everyone else weigh daily? I weigh in about once a week now. Sometimes twice, sometimes not at all LOL When I weighed on monday, I noticed that I was up 3-4lb of water, but my pants were too big (which is why I weighed myself). I think I am toning up a little more, which is nice.

I sell LuLaRoe, check it out!
AmberP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:12 AM   #149
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I took the half way in between approach I upped a hundred calories to make sure I really had room for everything but I won't gain if that makes sense. In a week or two we'll see where we're at.
Amber- I totally hear you on the chocolate that happens to me every stinking month!
Old 08-31-2012, 09:29 AM   #150
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I weigh daily or every few days to see if anything has changed. Some days I am up and others I am down. Yesterday I was 164.4 and today I was 162.7. Obviously I had some water issues. I drank more water yesterday and ate more protein. I ate dairy which I wish I hadn't after how it made me feel all night. It was tasty at the time. The good news is the baby had no adverse reaction to dairy proteins.

I love chocolate too, but am allergic to it. Sucks. But I guess it keeps me from eating too much of it. I do not want hives from it. LOL!