Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #51
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: The Big Mamas August Thread

Ok. I am back to 211. It must have been a water influx.... Not that I am complaining, mind you =D

Advertisement

I sell LuLaRoe, check it out!
AmberP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:42 PM   #52
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
Ok. I am back to 211. It must have been a water influx.... Not that I am complaining, mind you =D
Remember you are building muscle too and that is heavier than fat. That makes a huge difference.

I ate up my 49 extra points for the week today. It was DS3's 3rd b-day and I had some crackers and cheese and some cake. Ugh! I hate when I eat that stuff, but I stayed in my points at least. I am sure I will gain in the AM though. I was hungry. I knew I should have eaten before I went.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #53
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

double post
Old 08-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #54
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Hey ladies! I haven't been tracking my calories or exercising ever since my ordeal a week ago. The way I found out I was hyperthyroid was because I ended up in the ER for a headache so bad my vision was blurry and I was in a lot of pain. I had to have a CT scan of my head and they gave me some hardcore meds for the pain (which if you know me, I rarely take tylenol!). I have been taking it really easy since then for fear of my headache returning. I have also been having chest pain but that is likely due to the hyperthyroid. Last time I had it I got tachycardia as a result and had to be put on beta-blockers. I sense that will be the case, but I couldn't get in to see an endo until next Thursday. Basically, tachycardia means no exercise for me! Once we get the situation under control I plan to continue doing situps/squats and stuff like that, but probably no major cardio for awhile. Even though I have not been tracking I have been eating pretty well and am maintaining my weight at 235. So I am happy with that. Eventually I would like to get down to 200 but we'll see when I will be able to start that again. Considering going Primal at the beginning of September because I've heard good things about it for autoimmune conditions. Still reading about it, though.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #55
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good luck, hope it all works out for you.

AFM, wow, do I ever need to be flogged. At least today I gorged on "healthy" (read non sugar) food. Some friends were going to a Brazilian steakhouse, something we've never done, and normally wouldn't spend the money on. But it sounded fun, and dh really wanted to go so we did. Holy crap, did I eat a lot of meat. I don't even want to think about how many calories. But for the first time ever I think it was meat that pushed me over the edge instead of sweets. I really need school to start so I can get back on track. Other than that though, today was a very on track day. And I cleaned my house top to bottom, scrubbed, vacuumed, the works. So 4 hours of intense sweating and cleaning should have burned something right?
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:59 PM   #56
liza-bo-biza
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Eliza
50 pounds by Feb.
130 pounds to lose!
12 pounds lost
Need a plan. I've done WW with success, but don't want to pay for it now.
liza-bo-biza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #57
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrossTheUniverse View Post
Hey ladies! I haven't been tracking my calories or exercising ever since my ordeal a week ago. The way I found out I was hyperthyroid was because I ended up in the ER for a headache so bad my vision was blurry and I was in a lot of pain. I had to have a CT scan of my head and they gave me some hardcore meds for the pain (which if you know me, I rarely take tylenol!). I have been taking it really easy since then for fear of my headache returning. I have also been having chest pain but that is likely due to the hyperthyroid. Last time I had it I got tachycardia as a result and had to be put on beta-blockers. I sense that will be the case, but I couldn't get in to see an endo until next Thursday. Basically, tachycardia means no exercise for me! Once we get the situation under control I plan to continue doing situps/squats and stuff like that, but probably no major cardio for awhile. Even though I have not been tracking I have been eating pretty well and am maintaining my weight at 235. So I am happy with that. Eventually I would like to get down to 200 but we'll see when I will be able to start that again. Considering going Primal at the beginning of September because I've heard good things about it for autoimmune conditions. Still reading about it, though.
I have hypo so I understand nasty thyroid effects. Make sure to get stablized first before starting anything new. Sounds like you have a good plan going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
Good luck, hope it all works out for you.

AFM, wow, do I ever need to be flogged. At least today I gorged on "healthy" (read non sugar) food. Some friends were going to a Brazilian steakhouse, something we've never done, and normally wouldn't spend the money on. But it sounded fun, and dh really wanted to go so we did. Holy crap, did I eat a lot of meat. I don't even want to think about how many calories. But for the first time ever I think it was meat that pushed me over the edge instead of sweets. I really need school to start so I can get back on track. Other than that though, today was a very on track day. And I cleaned my house top to bottom, scrubbed, vacuumed, the works. So 4 hours of intense sweating and cleaning should have burned something right?
I had a bad food day too and was so guilty last night. I gained a pound, but I am hoping a trip to the restroom will flush that pound away....LOL! It was DS's b-day so I celebrated with carbs - ugh! At least meat will flush out of you when you do not use it all, carbs are fat waiting to happen. The exercise will help too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-bo-biza View Post
Eliza
50 pounds by Feb.
130 pounds to lose!
12 pounds lost
Just buy the calculator and do it free from home, that is what I am doing. It tells you how many points you can have per day and everything. It costs $15 and is worth it to calculate all point values for you. Veggies and fruit are free.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #58
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-bo-biza View Post
Eliza
50 pounds by Feb.
130 pounds to lose!
12 pounds lost
Welcome. I use www.myfitnesspal.com. It's free, counts calories, takes excercise into account and has a huge library of foods. If you decide to join feel free to add me as a friend, my username is the same as on here.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #59
greenmommyx2
Registered Users

Welcome new mamas!

I've been eating horribly lately idk what my deal is? The scale has been up 4lbs and I'm pretty sure it's from junk. I wanna do a cleansing/detox to clean my body but idk which one to do. I'm thinking that would help me feel better.... Hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 08-19-2012, 08:29 PM   #60
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I go back to school tomorrow! I'm not really excited for it, but I am excited for what it means for my food intake. I will no longer have free access to my kitchen. I will only have what I plan and pack available to me for 8 hours a day. I do so much better that way. All but 2 lbs of my weight loss to date has been during 5 months of the school year, the last 3 months of summer have only yeilded two lbs (vs. 25 lost during school). So I'm hoping that the routine will be what I need to get back on track. Also it's honestly easier to log when I have a computer all day. I can log in the AM before school starts, I log quick at lunch, and I often log whatever I plan for dinner in the afternoon before I leave. And because time is so much tighter I actually plan what we're having for dinner each day so I cook healthier too. It's odd to me that I actually do better when I'm stressed out and time crunched working than when I have freedom all summer. Here's hoping I can get the scale moving again.