Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #191
pine_apple_goat's Avatar
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 4,015
My Mood:
So, how was everyone's day?

DH, DD and I went to town after DH got home from work to get some last minute things for our trip.

Now we're watching rules of engagement. Only an hour until bedtime and then after I'm going to work on my playlist for the drive. DH and I each get three CD's in the car.

Any ideas as to what I should put on mine?

Advertisement

pine_apple_goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #192
SamanthaSews's Avatar
SamanthaSews
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,996
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pine_apple_goat
So, how was everyone's day?

DH, DD and I went to town after DH got home from work to get some last minute things for our trip.

Now we're watching rules of engagement. Only an hour until bedtime and then after I'm going to work on my playlist for the drive. DH and I each get three CD's in the car.

Any ideas as to what I should put on mine?
Where ya goin? Idk much about music- I listen to talk radio?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
__________________
Samantha, SAHM to Caden (12-24-10), Wife to DH, and blogger at Stir the Wonder
SamanthaSews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #193
pine_apple_goat's Avatar
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 4,015
My Mood:
DH and I are taking a late honey moon to Florida!
pine_apple_goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #194
SamanthaSews's Avatar
SamanthaSews
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,996
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pine_apple_goat
DH and I are taking a late honey moon to Florida!
How nice! And your driving?

I'm jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
__________________
Samantha, SAHM to Caden (12-24-10), Wife to DH, and blogger at Stir the Wonder
SamanthaSews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #195
pine_apple_goat's Avatar
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 4,015
My Mood:
Yeah, we're driving. It's cheaper than flying.

We leave Sunday.
pine_apple_goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #196
SamanthaSews's Avatar
SamanthaSews
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,996
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pine_apple_goat
Yeah, we're driving. It's cheaper than flying.

We leave Sunday.
I like road trips. Way more fun & lots to see on the way! Growing up we used to drive from eastern MO to RI. That's pretty much a 24hr drive. My parents drove straight thru once & said never again. Lol.

Do you know where you are stopping along the way? Are you driving straight thru? How long is the drive? I imagine its pretty long?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
__________________
Samantha, SAHM to Caden (12-24-10), Wife to DH, and blogger at Stir the Wonder
SamanthaSews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #197
pine_apple_goat's Avatar
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 4,015
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaSews View Post

I like road trips. Way more fun & lots to see on the way! Growing up we used to drive from eastern MO to RI. That's pretty much a 24hr drive. My parents drove straight thru once & said never again. Lol.

Do you know where you are stopping along the way? Are you driving straight thru? How long is the drive? I imagine its pretty long?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
We're driving straight through on the way down. We might stop for a couple hours to sleep but probably not. It's about 24 hours.

On the way home we're stopping at his grandpa's house in Tennessee for the night. While we're in Florida we'll be staying with DH's best friend. I'm excited. But also still freaking out about leaving Rylee with my mom.
pine_apple_goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #198
SamanthaSews's Avatar
SamanthaSews
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,996
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pine_apple_goat

We're driving straight through on the way down. We might stop for a couple hours to sleep but probably not. It's about 24 hours.

On the way home we're stopping at his grandpa's house in Tennessee for the night. While we're in Florida we'll be staying with DH's best friend. I'm excited. But also still freaking out about leaving Rylee with my mom.
I'm sure Rylee will be fine. She has stayed with your mom before right? Is this the first time you are leaving her for vacation?

We left Caden with my parents to go to Mexico over a long weekend (for my bff's wedding) when he was about 8 months old. I was worried at first that he would think we abandoned him, but after the first night when we woke up fine, I wasn't worried anymore. And we had the best time (besides the severe sunburns)!

And just so you know Bowling Green, KY has many hotel/motels, restaurants & gas stations right off the hwy if you need to stop. I used to live there, it's pretty nice. It's a good place to stop- about an hour north of Nashville.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
__________________
Samantha, SAHM to Caden (12-24-10), Wife to DH, and blogger at Stir the Wonder
SamanthaSews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #199
pine_apple_goat's Avatar
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 4,015
My Mood:
Re: Thread Killers Unite!! Come join in and chat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaSews View Post
I'm sure Rylee will be fine. She has stayed with your mom before right? Is this the first time you are leaving her for vacation?

We left Caden with my parents to go to Mexico over a long weekend (for my bff's wedding) when he was about 8 months old. I was worried at first that he would think we abandoned him, but after the first night when we woke up fine, I wasn't worried anymore. And we had the best time (besides the severe sunburns)!

And just so you know Bowling Green, KY has many hotel/motels, restaurants & gas stations right off the hwy if you need to stop. I used to live there, it's pretty nice. It's a good place to stop- about an hour north of Nashville.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Yeah, she's stayed with my mom quite a few times. But, she's older now and knows that we're gone. I don't want her to think we just left her. I told her yesterday that we'd be going away for a few days and that she'll be staying with grandma. She's excited. The most she's been away for though is two days. Hopefully she does well.

We should be through Kentucky pretty early in the day, hopefully... if we stop anywhere we'll probably get to Georgia. Know of anywhere in Georgia that is a good place to stop?
pine_apple_goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #200
greencrunchymama's Avatar
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,807
Re: Thread Killers Unite!! Come join in and chat!

How fun!! I love road trips. Will you go to the beach?

We went to play group today. DD has some rash on her face- I wonder if it is from the yogurt I gave her today It was nice to get out of the house.

Samantha, did you get your sewing done?

We're watching Big Bang Theory- I think it is hilarious!!
__________________
Jen, married to DH mama to DD 01.22.12
greencrunchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.