Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-01-2012, 10:40 PM   #11
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: WWYD? PL'ing ***** UPDATE

hehe. well, hopefully you have already found success.

But we use books, singing songs, etc to lengthen the time on the potty.

Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 04:28 AM   #12
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
hehe. well, hopefully you have already found success.

But we use books, singing songs, etc to lengthen the time on the potty.
She still will not pee on the potty.... I do think the only way it will happen is to let her have accidents in her panties. She is a stubborn child. She will hold her poo until she has her little potty or a diaper on too, she wouldn't go in her swim diaper while we were on vacation. I think it is time, I will give a real try this week with panties and see what happens.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #13
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yay!!!!! Kenzie just went pee in the potty all by herself!!!! Yay!!!!

I am so proud of her!!!!! She just turned 18m on the 30th!!!

He woke up dry from her nap, so I decided to try naked time. I tried to get her to sit, and it was not going well so I just ignored it. Then she ran over to her froggy potty and sat sat down sideways which made her miss and she got discouraged. So I sat her down right and said you can do it let it go and he did it!!!! A full pee!!!!

I am so freakin happy!!!! She did get to flush wash hands and a chocolate kiss. Yay!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #14
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yay!!!!! We just made a trip to Walmart with panties on and stayed dry and clean!!!!!! I am so proud of Mac. She has gone potty all day with exception of her nap where she peed in her diaper. She is just 18m and 4 days!

I just had to share because I am so proud of her!
Old 07-07-2012, 09:47 PM   #15
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Re: WWYD? PL'ing ***** UPDATE 7/3 post 13

My mom used warm water and would dip my hand in a cup which would help me learn to relax and pee on the potty. I was PL'd at 18 months and wearing little panties and staying dry so it can be done. Don't worry about people saying she is too young. Not true.

I am doing EC with my LO who is 18 months and he is staying dry in one pair of trainers most days. I use warm water and a bulb syringe (the ones you use to suck boogers out of their nose) and squirt a little warm water on his tummy, aiming at his belly button, and it runs down over his penis and he will pee every time. I started doing this to help him learn to relax to pee - it is a new sensation they are learning to control if they haven't before - and now he pees on his own. He tells me about 50% (or more) of the time when he needs to go and the other times I just take him because it seems like he would need to go by then.

And I think trainers would be a great next step! We stopped using diapers one day and have never looked back! I still use a sbish fitted at night with wool but he is dry most mornings.

We did 3 days of no clothes and then started using trainers. I love the gerber ones.

He has picked up on it so quickly and he surprises me all the time with how much he understands and what he is capable of. I say don't underestimate her! I wouldn't "push it" but follow her lead for sure and stay relaxed but consistent with her. Talk to her and let her know that pee-pee and poo-poo go in the potty and reinforce that with songs, play and show her with her dolls how they use the potty, etc. Keep it fun and never punish for misses. Don't get frustrated when you have an off day and lots of puddles - just keep being consistent and patient and you'll be surprised how much she will learn! It's so fun!

ETA: I just saw post #13 & 14 - Yay!!! That is so awesome!!! She is doing great! Keep up the good work! When she has an accident (they will happen) don't get discouraged! Misses are learning opportunities so just be gentle and remind her that pee-pee goes in the potty and she will continue to get better and better at recognizing when she needs to go, how to control it and how to release it when she wants to - it is all about learning how her body works and she will get it! Congrats on all the accomplishments! Yay, Yay, YAY!!!
Best wishes!

Last edited by colin-mylilguy; 07-07-2012 at 09:51 PM.
colin-mylilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #16
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: WWYD? PL'ing ***** UPDATE 7/3 post 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin-mylilguy View Post
My mom used warm water and would dip my hand in a cup which would help me learn to relax and pee on the potty. I was PL'd at 18 months and wearing little panties and staying dry so it can be done. Don't worry about people saying she is too young. Not true.

I am doing EC with my LO who is 18 months and he is staying dry in one pair of trainers most days. I use warm water and a bulb syringe (the ones you use to suck boogers out of their nose) and squirt a little warm water on his tummy, aiming at his belly button, and it runs down over his penis and he will pee every time. I started doing this to help him learn to relax to pee - it is a new sensation they are learning to control if they haven't before - and now he pees on his own. He tells me about 50% (or more) of the time when he needs to go and the other times I just take him because it seems like he would need to go by then.

And I think trainers would be a great next step! We stopped using diapers one day and have never looked back! I still use a sbish fitted at night with wool but he is dry most mornings.

We did 3 days of no clothes and then started using trainers. I love the gerber ones.

He has picked up on it so quickly and he surprises me all the time with how much he understands and what he is capable of. I say don't underestimate her! I wouldn't "push it" but follow her lead for sure and stay relaxed but consistent with her. Talk to her and let her know that pee-pee and poo-poo go in the potty and reinforce that with songs, play and show her with her dolls how they use the potty, etc. Keep it fun and never punish for misses. Don't get frustrated when you have an off day and lots of puddles - just keep being consistent and patient and you'll be surprised how much she will learn! It's so fun!

ETA: I just saw post #13 & 14 - Yay!!! That is so awesome!!! She is doing great! Keep up the good work! When she has an accident (they will happen) don't get discouraged! Misses are learning opportunities so just be gentle and remind her that pee-pee goes in the potty and she will continue to get better and better at recognizing when she needs to go, how to control it and how to release it when she wants to - it is all about learning how her body works and she will get it! Congrats on all the accomplishments! Yay, Yay, YAY!!!
Best wishes!

I tried the bolded with DS and it just wasn't working. He will go in the bathtub, so I tried filling a bucket with warm water and putting his feet in and still nothing. It seemed like a totally brilliant concept...I guess he's just stubborn lol
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:41 AM   #17
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin-mylilguy

Best wishes!
Thank you! Yeah she is doing great. I think we might have to go to sponsors overnight because she woke up, but she did say potty and when I put her on it she farted so I guess she felt she needs to go. I know that is the next step and I should just hold out. She has weaned her self off the reward system too, but if she askes for a chocolate, we give it to her because that's what they are there for.

We have a 2 hour trip both ways today to pick up my DD1's BFF today and I have no idea what it wil bring. I am taking the potty and changing he to the passenger side of the van so that if I have to stop I can have her go with out extreme danger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses

I tried the bolded with DS and it just wasn't working. He will go in the bathtub, so I tried filling a bucket with warm water and putting his feet in and still nothing. It seemed like a totally brilliant concept...I guess he's just stubborn lol
some are that way, I have a friend who tried everything and her DD was 3.5 when she finally Pl'ed because she was stubborn.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:04 AM   #18
knodceo
Registered Users
seller

My daughter wanted to start pooping on the potty at 15 moths. At 18 she was daytime potty trained. I would follow her cues. The summer is better to train because you can just leave them naked. The only advice that was great advice is once you change to pull ups don't go back to diapers. And when you go to real undies don't go back to pull ups. It confuses them. I've had friends who potty train in a few days with older kids but it took me a week with my daughter.
knodceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:09 AM   #19
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by knodceo
My daughter wanted to start pooping on the potty at 15 moths. At 18 she was daytime potty trained. I would follow her cues. The summer is better to train because you can just leave them naked. The only advice that was great advice is once you change to pull ups don't go back to diapers. And when you go to real undies don't go back to pull ups. It confuses them. I've had friends who potty train in a few days with older kids but it took me a week with my daughter.
She is funny it doesn't confuse her. She uses undies and prefers them, but she uses diapers for naps and bed. She does fight the diaper most times but that is more because it represents sleep which he hates.