Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
lauren_brooke
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Best potty seat??

We weren't going to start potty training yet, but I'm thinking of giving it a go. DS wakes up from bedtime dry and seems to have a pretty good routine of when he goes during the day. We're going to look at a potty seat and I don't know what kind to get. The kind that sits on the floor? Or the kind that goes on the toilet? Any tips would be appreciated!

Advertisement

Old 07-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #2
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Well, my daughter likes to sit on the big seat because that's what she sees her mom do.

A friend of mine with a boy prefers the big seat because she can keep him there easier. He barely sits on the little potty before he thinks he's done.

On the other hand, a couple friends like the little potties because their children can sit on them in front of the tv. I like mine because I can take it outdoors, but DD has yet to use it. She does like to briefly sit there and say 'peeee!!!!'

Hope that helps a little anyways!
Old 07-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
hibiscus869
Registered Users

We use both. I think having at least one small potty is a necessity because I like to do PTing outside when it's warm (no accidents to clean up) and we take it in the car, around the house, etc. My favorite is the Baby Bjorn Little Potty but that's not being made anymore apparently. I've heard the Beco Potty is good and Ikea sells little potties for only $5! As far as a potty seat we have the Weepod Basix. It's one piece, soft, and easy to use.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
kwaii_amaranth
Registered Users
seller

Re: Best potty seat??

Both if you can manage it!

We have two little "Bebe" floor potties we got at K-Mart for $6 each (its basically a cheap version of the BabyBjorn Little Potty). One is always in the car, and one is at home. We use the car potty every time we go out - super handy. The house one is great too. Now that she can crawl sometimes she will go to it if she needs to potty (score!).

We also use the BabyBjorn potty insert for the big toilet. Now that she can sit on her own we use that the most. I LOVE it! It has a splash guard in front that is easy for her to hold onto, and it is molded so she can't fall off very easily. It also adjusts to fit any toilet and it is super sturdy. I debated on getting it since it is pricier than some at $25, but I finally caved. So glad, it is really nice. I figure she will be using it for the next few years and it will probably go through another kid so it was worth it.
kwaii_amaranth is offline   Reply With Quote