Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Never gone this far

with my other children I always introduced cereal at about 5.5 months and veggies around 6 months..Well LO is now 6.5 months and I haven't introduced anything, strictly BFing..I am getting weird comments from people and family I have caught giving him ranch dressing or ice cream this last week. I tell them no but no prevail...Should I be nursing only this long and not introducing any solids yet? I feel he is fine with just me...

Also how do you keep people that hold you baby from putting their FINGERS IN THEIR MOUTH. We have never done binkies or bottles so my mom or my Dhs friends mom holds my baby and they stick their fingers in tehir mouths and let them chew.. I tell them not too and they reply, he likes it Does it matter that I am the mom? Not usually I am so annoyed with people that think because they have had children 20 yrs ago they know more...

Advertisement

Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:55 AM   #2
twolittlebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Never gone this far

It's fine to still be exclusively nursing. We introduced solids right when my girls were 6 months, but they didn't have any interest in them until the last few days. How fun - my girls have the same birthday as your DS.

When people don't respect my decisions after I make them clear, I just take my kid away for the time being. Maybe that makes me mean, but letting them blatantly ignore my wishes as a parent isn't going to accomplish anything good for me or my kids.
Old 06-13-2009, 11:59 AM   #3
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Never gone this far

Oh you have twins! I am praying for twins the next round!! Awesome we share BDAYS! I am amazes with people that nurse twins, I have a leftie that doesn't supply near as much as the rightie, it always worries me if I ever do have twins..
Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote