Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-26-2010, 08:40 AM   #21
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who else is freaking out about everything left to do/buy?

As long as baby has somewhere safe to sleep, a source of food and warmth, everything else will fall into place.

As for me, yeah. Freaking out was done quite early when I started having contractions. I knew I'd be put on bed rest and I scrambled to get everything done before I wasn't able to do anything any more.

Of course, I still have a list of projects I want to complete, but I can't (which is REALLY frustrating!!) I had to BUY a few more mama pads because I can't sew any more (I just got some fuzzibunz ones on sale). I've never purchased mama pads, I've been MAKING them for 5 YEARS So that was maddening.

I ended up buying a few NB woolies instead of sewing up some stuff. Of course, knits are more expensive than interlock.

Overall, I'm ready for her but I still have a few things I need to buy like the car seat.

Advertisement

todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:22 AM   #22
chpiper
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom&BabyNaturally
seller

My Mood:

I don't really have anything left to buy...and no major things need done before baby comes...I just need to CLEAN HOUSE!!! I need to find a few friends who will come over and help me spring clean, or hire someone to do it!! lol I try to keep up, but every time I get busy housecleaning I start having contractions and need to sit down.

My big panic is to think how soon baby will be here!! Usually pregnancy creeps along for me but this one seems so fast for some reason. I can barely believe that my baby will most likely be here in 8-10 weeks!! Seems like it is literally right around the corner...I can't wait to see and hold him, but it just seems so soon!!!
chpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:32 AM   #23
ammcmaho
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

luckily i'm only worried about labor and being able to VBAC on my own terms.

We have diapers, bobby milk and love. the rest we'll figure out what we don't have after the baby's here. last time i bought/was gifted things that we never ended up needing and sold them off or freecycled them
Paying for two in child care? An au pair may be cheaper! Great for families who need flexibility!
ammcmaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:35 AM   #24
aerobebe1421
Registered Users
seller

Yep, add me to the "holy cow, we need to get this stuff bought and ready!" group. This is my first, so I think that adds even more pressure since I don't know what to expect. I don't know if he'll come at 36 weeks or not wanna come out until 41 weeks. I'm not sure what I absolutely must have for those first few weeks and what can wait.
expecting someone new 11.14
aerobebe1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #25
mamatje
Registered Users

My biggest concern was getting all the big stuff while we still had two incomes. I have no clue when I am going to have to stop working so I am glad we got all the big ticket items out of the way. This being our second, we at least had more of an idea of what was and wasn't essential, but we still had to buy it all (given away or sold all of dd's stuff when we moved overseas 3 years ago and nobody is throwing me a shower).

And I didn't want to rely on my dh to get it all if I go early, because I still remember him going to buy dd new clothes when she was 2 days old and too big for her newborn stuff and he came back with 6-9 months!
mamatje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #26
Wanderlust
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
seller

Yes! It really hit home that I'm running out of time when I had to go to the hospital for contractions on Monday. As I was waiting for DH to pick me up to take me, I realized I don't even have a bag packed if they had to keep me overnight!

Like Heather, I don't know if the twins will show up early. I'm just really hoping that the car seats I ordered get here before the boys do!
Old 02-26-2010, 05:29 PM   #27
juliemom2faith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes I also am a little panicked but every time i start to try to do stuff the BH start....My last daughter came at 32 weeks so im a little freaked out at that(im 30 weeks now) I could have as little as 2 weeks to finish everything.(hoping for more) I have a lot done so baby does have a place to sleep (once i take out all the stuff stored in there) and has some diapers and bottles if needed(going to try to Bf this time) and has clean clothes to wear.