Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
favorite travel potty-links appreciated :-)

Hello
There was a thread similar to this, but not exactly. Im looking for some input on your favorite on the go potty solutions. My DS is 21 months old-pees/poops in the potty about 60/70% at home, but not much at daycare (they dont take him to the potty frequently enough yet). At home, he as a mini potty that sings when he pees or poops (he seems to really enjoy that and claps when he is successful).

The only issue I have is on the go. Big potties scare him-hes more interested in not falling in than pooping. So, I didnt know if I should buy just a basic potty for the car/when we are out and about (and skip the big potty all together), or go for one of those models that is a tiny potty with detachable ring for big potties all in one.

Links to your favs are appreciated :-). TIA!

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
hibiscus869
Registered Users

Re: favorite travel potty-links appreciated :-)

We still take our Baby Bjorn Little Potty in the car when we run errands. My toddler isl happy to use public toilets but sometimes it's easier to just use the little potty inside the car. We have a larger car with tinted windows so there's privacy. We just pour the contents out onto nearby grass. If you can't find the BBLP I know IKEA sells a smallish portable potty for $5. I've never used a portable toilet ring so can't comment on those. I do think it's good to treat public toilets like they are no big deal too, and get them used to the loud flushing.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #3
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: favorite travel potty-links appreciated :-)

We take the baby bjorn that has the removable bowl. We put a grocery bag over it and put a maxi pad in it. It soaks up the liquids and then we can just throw the bag away. Just a cheap maxi and then you won't have to worry about spills. We don't need to use it often but it is so handy for traveling.