Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2009, 09:44 AM   #11
yytx
Registered Users

Re: :( I don't know what to do

Oh i SOOOOOO feel your pain and heartache - i had the same problem with our DS... i ended up having to go nurse him every day at lunch, he would take a SMALL amount (a few ounces) from a Playtex dropin nurser with the naturalatch nipple level 1 and then progressed to sippy cup (the Nuby Sports bottle) quite quickly... it took a couple months for him to adjust, but now he takes he feedings completely from the cup during the day and nurses at night at home no problem. and we are going on 14 months now - NEVER would have thought we would make it this far or long... it's really hard but REALLY worth it!! hang in there, it WILL get better!!

Advertisement

yytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #12
christy005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thank you all for the support and the advice. I don't want to quit breastfeeding, for sure. I just wish my family was more supportive. It's free babysitting so I hesitate to find another (lol), but I will try to get them to be more understanding. My family isn't very supportive of bf'ing in general, i'm the first one to do it since my great-grandma...

I only work 4 hours for now, so I shouldn't worry about him not eating because it's not that long..I'm just paranoid lol. I don't like to worry if he's hungry....I am going to be starting 8 hour days soon, so I'm going to try the playtex nursers and see if Andrew likes them better.

Thanks again. I feel better now.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:42 PM   #13
idefix
Registered Users

My Mood:

We probably tried every nipple available. My son would only take latex nipples. Playtex drop-ins offer the latex nipple. I actually then found another one made by Natursutten, natural latex, that is working for us. Once you find one that he takes. I wouldn't be swtiching back and forth to avoid more confusion. It took my son over a month before he could bottle-feed well.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #14
Kriket
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by christy005 View Post
My sister who also babysits has a hard time giving him the bottle, and says that I should just bottle feed permanently, because I'm making it hard on the babysitters
how selfish of THEM! There are there to provide the best for your baby. That does not include you bending over backwards to accommodate them. If this was my sister telling me this I would have probably lost it and informed her that she wouldn't have to worry about being inconvenienced by babysitting my child any more.

Does you LO like any pacifier? I keep a soothie bottle around the house because he will occasionally take a soothie paci so I figure he knows how to work it.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #15
Lori81
Registered Users
seller

Lori81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:00 PM   #16
pookiesmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It can be so stressful to get a breastfed baby to take a bottle, but don't give up! I have had great success with the Adiri natural nurser bottle, also if your baby is more than a few months old try the ThinkBaby trainer cup. The nipple on the cup is soft and squishy and flat. My son did very well with it, and was able to use it from about 4 months on. Good Luck! Don't stop with the BF :-)
pookiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote