Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2009, 06:25 AM   #1
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:
fast let down = milk coming out of nose??

This is strange and am wondering if anyone else's LO does or has done this.

Aaron is 3 weeks shy of a year old and for the last month it seems like when we first lay down to nurse especially at night that maybe I have more milk or it's coming down faster because it will come out of his nose, almost like he's getting too much too quick. He'll even unlatch to catch his breath.

Strange that this never happened when he was younger [I think it may have to do with him being older and just having a super strong suck now.]

TIA!

Advertisement

http://thebewitchinglyordinaryhousewife.blogspot.com/
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:13 AM   #2
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: fast let down = milk coming out of nose??

This happened to DS when he was tiny, like 4 weeks I think. For about a week, anytime we nursed lying down he had milk dripping out of his nose. It was kinda funny.
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaWillow View Post
This happened to DS when he was tiny, like 4 weeks I think. For about a week, anytime we nursed lying down he had milk dripping out of his nose. It was kinda funny.
I know! My son laughs when it happens!

See, that's what I thought too, that if he was still young I could see it. Just so strange that it's happening now. Unless I've just started producing more, an over abundance maybe. I'm still taking Brewer's Yeast and I think he just went through a growth spurt so he was nursing a lot.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:54 AM   #4
mama0609
Banned
seller

Oh no mama! The poor milk coming out his nose!!! LOL.

That's kinda funny... I'm sure it's not so much at the moment it happens but... you should catch it on video and share!

IF it doesn't bother him, I wouldn't worry... It's all connected in there and that may just be his way of dealling with OALD.
mama0609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #5
Terra
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama0609 View Post
Oh no mama! The poor milk coming out his nose!!! LOL.

That's kinda funny... I'm sure it's not so much at the moment it happens but... you should catch it on video and share!

IF it doesn't bother him, I wouldn't worry... It's all connected in there and that may just be his way of dealling with OALD.
Oh it doesn't bother him, he just smiles! I'll try to catch some video if I can!