Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
C-MaeMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
**May weekly chatter. Feb 15-21

Thought I'd start although I am not around enough to keep up.

DD is getting over an flu/ear infection, hopefully we can get out of the house today it's been almost 5. It is Family Day here although hubby is out of town working so we'll see what this day entails for us. It's really warm and no wind so fresh air would be fab.

Anyways hope you all have a good week!

Advertisement

Old 02-15-2010, 09:53 AM   #2
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: **May weekly chatter. Feb 15-21

Woke up with a sinus headache, luckily DH is off and let me sleep in. Eatting some cereal now and going to work in a little bit. Sooo need to go to the grocery today,b ut i dont' think i'm going to make it.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
todzwife
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

What am I doing? Oh you know...holding down the couch so it doesn't go anywhere.

Actually I think I'm going to move back into my bed in a minute. The angle of the cushions on the couch makes it hard to breathe.

Oh, and little girl flipped last night- her fanny is now on my left side instead of my right.

And my 4 year old just informed me that "mom, I wish I could take my nose off my head". k kiddo.
todzwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:29 AM   #4
juliemom2faith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

family day here too we are all here but doing things separately *lol* least we are in same house. DH is helping me clean the downstairs for game night tonight. I feel so yucky today , im having cramps in my stomach not sure why but im trying to do as little as possible so as not to irritate them. Think it could be because we DTD last night for first time in well a long time *lol*

It looks nice outside we got a dusting of snow for family day which is cool but its not enough to even bother taking the kids out in which kinda sucks.

anyway hope everyone is enjoying there family day (or monday for those not in canada)
Old 02-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #5
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You get Family Day today? All we get is President's Day today... Which means DH is at work! And banks/PO are closed. I was going to take my kids to the park today, but I guess I should have done it yesterday because it's snowing today. Oh well. Maybe next week it will be warm enough again. Or maybe I'll be able to talk DH into letting me take them to a restaurant with a playground (not McD's. DH hates McD's!)

Today, I desperately need to get some cleaning up done. But I don't want to! I just want to play computer games all day. I told DH I'd make him crepes and brownies tonight, which means my kitchen needs to clean itself first. The crepes sound good, but I am so sick of food. I wish I didn't need it! (I still get sick to my stomach if I don't eat often enough)
Old 02-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #6
missdawn25
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by todzwife View Post
What am I doing? Oh you know...holding down the couch so it doesn't go anywhere.

And my 4 year old just informed me that "mom, I wish I could take my nose off my head". k kiddo.
I hold down the couch a lot too!

Your lo is funny, maybe her nose hurts?

I had full intentions of taking ds to a play date this mornning, but got nausea and dizzy again so we did not go anywhere. We are going to try for later this week instead. Feeling a bit better now, so I put in laundry and vacuumed before I took up the couch after getting lunch ready. I do have a dentist appt leter....what fun. Lets see how bad the teeth are after all the vomiting from the hyperemesis and not being able to get a toothbrush near my mouth for months....oh joy.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #7
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well we have had an eventful day. Its president's day, so traditionally a school holiday. Well, my students had a holiday, the districts surrounding us had a holiday, but my district chose to make it a teacher work day. Well, since DD's babysitter operates on the school schedule of the district we live in (not the one I work in) she was closed today, so DD went to work with me today. Needless to say, we only made it until 11:30 before I decided to come home, put her down for a nap and try to get some work done! LOL
Old 02-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #8
aerobebe1421
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdawn25 View Post
I do have a dentist appt leter....what fun. Lets see how bad the teeth are after all the vomiting from the hyperemesis and not being able to get a toothbrush near my mouth for months....oh joy.
Good luck at the dentist! I told dh the other day I should go in. My teeth have been killing me. I'm sure all the vomiting is destroying them. Esp. since I've been told *not* to brush until an hour or so after throwing up because otherwise you just end up grinding in the acid. Delicious. At least brushing my teeth doesn't make me gag anymore, so there's a plus!

I'm feeling blah today but trying to get some things done around the house. We bought Carter's bookshelf on Saturday, so I'm going through the girls' books (my twin cousins that I helped raise and have over for weekends from time-to-time) and pulling out the ones that aren't Little Pony or Princess-related. I'm going to sneak the Dora books in though, much to my dh's disgust. He doesn't like her, . I'm also going through some tubs in our backroom and pulling out more stuff for donations.

I'm taking a break from all of that though to over newborn diapers. I am trying really hard not to hit BIN right now on a set of 6. I don't know why I'm having a hard time buying newborn diapers!
expecting someone new 11.14
aerobebe1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:43 PM   #9
Ducko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Today is still laundry day. Dh doesn't have President's Day off. But hopefully he will get is annual review today. It's due sometime this week.

Happy Valentine's to me though....Yesterday a friend came by and dropped off 5 garbage bags of maternity clothes. She said she kept hoping that she'd be able to have another one but now they have decided that they are done. So I reap the benefits.

I went through them and grabbed about 17 tops and about 8 bottoms/jeans/capris. Then I got about 5 more stretch waist capris for that transition period. Many of the clothes she brought still had tags on them. So I'm doing tons and tons of laundry! So excited! None of my maternity clothes from last time fit (their too big) so I was so excited to get something beside the 5 shirts and 2 pairs of jeans I was rotating with my pajamas.

I ordered a couple pairs of jeans from Old Navy and Gap today too. No more pajama days I guess.

I was also given the go ahead from dh to get some more newborn/small diapers. He doesn't think we have enough. So should I get the Lil' Joeys or more BG AIOs?

Wife to Eric. SAHM to Gray(6/08), Seth(4/10), and Ellis (9/14).
Ducko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:42 PM   #10
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducko View Post
Today is still laundry day. Dh doesn't have President's Day off. But hopefully he will get is annual review today. It's due sometime this week.

Happy Valentine's to me though....Yesterday a friend came by and dropped off 5 garbage bags of maternity clothes. She said she kept hoping that she'd be able to have another one but now they have decided that they are done. So I reap the benefits.

I went through them and grabbed about 17 tops and about 8 bottoms/jeans/capris. Then I got about 5 more stretch waist capris for that transition period. Many of the clothes she brought still had tags on them. So I'm doing tons and tons of laundry! So excited! None of my maternity clothes from last time fit (their too big) so I was so excited to get something beside the 5 shirts and 2 pairs of jeans I was rotating with my pajamas.

I ordered a couple pairs of jeans from Old Navy and Gap today too. No more pajama days I guess.

I was also given the go ahead from dh to get some more newborn/small diapers. He doesn't think we have enough. So should I get the Lil' Joeys or more BG AIOs?

Everyday is laundry day around here lol! and Awesome on the friend giving you maternity clothing! On the diapers, never used the little joeys, i'd buy bg os pockets though, with snaps are my guilty pleasure lol! Not sure how long the AIO's would last you since they are sized?

I went to work for a few hours, good times. found a few shirts for DD for $3.19 with the presidents day sale going on.

Jen-I'm also having a hard time not buying...I have like, 30ish diapers on the way (cleared out some here i didn't love so it's like a trade out) but untill i have them, i forget about them..