Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #11
aerobebe1421
Registered Users
seller

Re: what do you think??

I looove Carter, but I may be a little bias....

Gunnar is the name of one of our friend's dogs so that's the first thing I think of when I hear that name.

Advertisement

expecting someone new 11.14
aerobebe1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:51 PM   #12
Ducko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My dh had Gunner as a suggestion too. I shot it down immediately. I love the name Carter.

Wife to Eric. SAHM to Gray(6/08), Seth(4/10), and Ellis (9/14).
Ducko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #13
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsen6 View Post
Well I really did not want my boys names to be matchy-matchy.....well we ended up with our boys Hunter and Tanner.....similar names obviously. But now hubby thinks its cute, so Gunner just fits in with the "theme". I'm just plain drawn to names that end with r anyway. I am not naming my kid a name that someone thinks is cute for a dog.....haha
All of our girls names start with the letter "A"
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #14
CrazynLove
Registered Users

Gunner doesn't quite do it for me, especially since you have a Hunter. My oldset ds is Conner and many times when I have been calling for him at the playground people mistake him for a Hunter. The other day there was actually a little Hunter and I could have sworn the mom kept calling for Conner lol. So for me since Gunner and Conner have the same sound I would think the same would happen to them
Old 02-18-2010, 07:34 PM   #15
mamatje
Registered Users

Gunnar with an A is a popular European name. I think either Gunner or Carter would work with your other names.

Mine wanted Dragon. For real.
mamatje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:53 AM   #16
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I actually like Gunner, but its your calls. What about Walker. It goes with your other kids names. I love Carter too, but its a family last name!
Old 02-19-2010, 08:13 AM   #17
Nielsen6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh I'm just confused, I think the best choice is to make a goal of walking out of the hospital with a healthy baby, with a name....lol. I knew exactly what I wanted to name the last 3 within a couple weeks of they're arrival. I should be good, I know I'll figure it out. Why is naming your kid so darn difficult!?
Especially when the hubby talks to the baby and already calls him Gunner (see what i'm contending with here? lol). At least he doesn't want to name him Dragon....... That made me laugh pretty hard, thanks. Now the countdown......16 more weeks...phew I'm already worn out from pregnancy, and 3 kiddos.... Thanks all for the opinions.
Nielsen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #18
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Well I really did not want my boys names to be matchy-matchy.....well we ended up with our boys Hunter and Tanner.....similar names obviously. But now hubby thinks its cute, so Gunner just fits in with the "theme". I'm just plain drawn to names that end with r anyway. I am not naming my kid a name that someone thinks is cute for a dog.....haha
That's just a little to much "theme" for my liking... it might be cute while they are little, but consider an adult telling you (for example) "Hi, my name is Hunter, and these are my brothers Tanner and Gunner".... it's just not so cute anymore. Hunter and Tanner can sort of pass off as not so "themey"... but once you add Gunner in there, I just don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducko View Post
My dh had Gunner as a suggestion too. I shot it down immediately. I love the name Carter.
You "shot down" Gunner

Quote:
Oh I'm just confused, I think the best choice is to make a goal of walking out of the hospital with a healthy baby, with a name....lol. I knew exactly what I wanted to name the last 3 within a couple weeks of they're arrival. I should be good, I know I'll figure it out. Why is naming your kid so darn difficult!?
Especially when the hubby talks to the baby and already calls him Gunner (see what i'm contending with here? lol). At least he doesn't want to name him Dragon....... That made me laugh pretty hard, thanks. Now the countdown......16 more weeks...phew I'm already worn out from pregnancy, and 3 kiddos.... Thanks all for the opinions.
To the bolded... I say it's because you haven't MET them yet. I've got a few names for our baby boy, but until I see him and know what he looks like and "know" him... I won't know for sure what his name will be.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:29 AM   #19
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

RFLOL, "shot down gunner". Honestly, it makes me cringe a little but I bet a lot of people think that about our name choice too. They either love it and think it's cute or go "oh... Wyatt huh? Well just don't make his middle name Earp" har, har, har. Yes, ya'll are soooo hilarious. What about Gunner as a middle name? I think Carter's cute. I like using surnames as firsts though, so I'm a little biased.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #20
ammcmaho
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i know kids named "hunter" and can see that one, but gunner is SOOOO a dog's name. kinda on the line of bandit for me
Paying for two in child care? An au pair may be cheaper! Great for families who need flexibility!
ammcmaho is offline   Reply With Quote