Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2010, 07:22 PM   #1
3boys_mom
Registered Users

hurting bad :(

A little over a week ago (Tuesday overnight) I pulled a muscle in my belly/side. I happened to already have a Dr appt scheduled for Thursday afternoon. So I mentioned it to my Dr, who wasn't concerned at all. Here it is a week later, and I am still in a lot of pain. This is the most Tylenol I've taken in four pregnancies. But I hate taking any. It doesn't do much of anything so what's the point in taking it? I hurt so bad right now. And of course that is the side that baby girl feels the need to kick/punch constantly.

Joe is worried we should go the the hospital to get checked out. I've come close to agreeing on two occasions...the night it happened while I laid perfectly still crying for nearly 45 minutes until I fell asleep. Then earlier today. I felt even worse. It's a bit more bearable right now...bjut if it keeps up through the night (I haven't been sleeping too well this week) I might go in. Just hate to make a wasted trip to L&D. Had enough of those with Cody.

Advertisement

Old 02-18-2010, 08:46 PM   #2
Merrilee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: hurting bad :(

I have similar experiences. Years ago before we had even started trying to have kids I pulled a muscle in my stomach. It was so incredibly painful, I can't imagine being pregnant at the same time. DH is a very restless sleeper though, and he woke me up FOUR times by hitting my there. Ugh. All on accident of course, and he felt terrible. It took a good 2 weeks before it started feeling better, and 3-4 until it was all better. I know that's probably not a fun thought, but strained/pulled muscles take a long time to feel better.

I also cracked a rib coughing while pregnant with DS. That was so not fun. So I understand being sore and pregnant too.

Good luck!
Old 02-18-2010, 09:31 PM   #3
mhaddon
Registered Users
seller

Did you try tylenol pm? I have had contractions bad enough my OB told me to take some so I could get some rest
mhaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:51 PM   #4
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I'd go in if you're in that much pain mama. You may have hurt yourself worse than you thought. We're not that far from delivery now, and if there's something wrong you're going to need enough time to heal properly before contractions, and pushing.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:47 PM   #5
3boys_mom
Registered Users

Thanks for the concern mommas! I am still hurting but it seems to be lessening a bit little by little.

Melissa, I try not to take Tylenol PM at all. Ever since having kids, I just don't sleep soundly. But I may get to that point anyway, just to get a decent night's rest.

Liz, I am trying to give my body time enough to do it's thing on it's own. But if it continues to hurt and I have no relief I will definitely get it checked out. I'm trying to avoid hospy visits, especially when there is still tons of snow on the ground blech...
Old 02-24-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

aw.. My mom cracked a rib recently coughing. I didn't even know that was possible! Unfortunately, there's not much they could do other than give her a heavy cough suppressant and some decent painkillers. I'm sorry you're in pain.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:34 PM   #7
3boys_mom
Registered Users

And that's basically the reason I am trying to avoid going in. I know realistically there is nothing that can be done until after she's born anyway.