Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
Everywhere
Registered Users

Who else is freaking out about everything left to do/buy?

Now that the 3rd trimester has come, I am seriously freaking out about not only everything left to do, but everything left I have to buy before this baby comes.

I gave away everything from my last child because we were supposed to be done. So I'm kind of having to start over with the baby stuff. For instance, I still have to get a carseat, breastpump, boppy, newborn diapers, double stroller (will have 2 under 2) basic clothing and blankets, bottles/breastmilk storage supplies, and a whole bunch of other things I can't remember right now (each time I am going throughout my day and remember something I still need to get, I freak out that much more)

I have to clean out the baby's room, paint it, get the crib and furniture set up, take all the clothes out of storage and see if there is anything we'll be able to use, get the rest of the boxes unpacked (we just moved) and some other things in the house repaired, make letters and paint them to hang in baby's room and make a special blanket (I do these 2 things for all my kids), we have been shopping for a vehicle for quite a while and still haven't found anything yet (we need something bigger that will fit us all) I still need to make a bunch of extra meals to freeze, I need to get my camera fixed, pack the hospital bag, make arrangements for other kids...

ahhhhh! so many things! My life is a lot more hectic this time around, so that makes it this much harder. Plus, I work at a hospital birth center, and I see all kinds of women coming in and giving birth this early or sooner, so it makes me freak out even more knowing I could go into labor next week, and not only deal with having a premie, but struggle to get everything else done as well.

I NEVER freaked out like this with my other kids. I think it's a combination of the fact that we just moved and have all those things to take care of, plus I KNOW this time how important it is to have certain things taken care of for when baby comes (meals, general organization, knowing things won't get done after the actual birth) plus working where I do and having promised myself earlier that I'd have everything ready to go by now in case that situation happened to me.

On the other hand, it's really hard to actually get things things done. They are all biggish projects, not something I can do a little at a time, and would need my hubby's help with it..

Sorry, no point to this, I guess I needed to right it down because I've been really panicky lately

Advertisement

Everywhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who else is freaking out about everything left to do/buy?

don't worry, it'll all fall into place
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
Ducko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm freakin' out about everything left to do!

The left to buy I'm not too worried about. We are pretty set for baby items. Anything that we'd need now would be something that quickly/readily available (can send someone for) or something that can wait on for shipping.

My to do list before the baby is all held up on others right now. So frustrating. I want to shake them and say...I only have 9 weeks left and I want it done today! I really would have liked to get some sewing/crafty projects done for this one but I think that's not going to happen now.

Wife to Eric. SAHM to Gray(6/08), Seth(4/10), and Ellis (9/14).
Ducko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #4
knittingk
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a lot of stuff to dig out of the attic and wash. I really need to get my butt in gear but am so unmotivated. One of these days I keep saying..soon I will have no time left if I keep procrastinating..
Old 02-25-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
stori
Registered Users
seller

I just have to wash the clothes and put the carseat in the car.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:03 PM   #6
Everywhere
Registered Users

Tracy I know what you mean about being held up by others. For me it's my husband. I need him to do a lot of the stuff. I don't think he "gets" that this baby is coming in a couple months.
What worries me the most, is pretty soon (as in next month) it will be busy season where my husband works. During spring, my husband works over 100 hours a week. We NEVER see him. Once busy season starts, I am all on my own. Busy season won't end until a month or 2 after the baby is born, and he won't get ANY time off except for the day the baby is born. So having sh-t together and being organized are of MAJOR importance since I'll be all on my own. Right now he is home on the weekends (soon he won't be) but we always have so much to do on the weekends. Rather, I should say HE always has so much to do. This past weekend, he didn't have anything planned and I made up a list for him, and guess what? MIL called friday night to say she was coming to visit for the weekend. My husband is still attached at the umbilical cord and doesn't have the balls to tell her no. So that was a weekend wasted.

Although I can't blame him too much, because I think I am in almost as much denial as he is that this baby is actually coming.
Everywhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:05 PM   #7
jess&claire
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yes I'm it hit me Sunday that in about 8-10wks I'll be giving birth and at 38wks i really slow down and I'm freaking out about all we need and all i want, anytime I try to chat with DH about it he changes the subject. I want a crib, he tells me we wont use it, I want a nice swing he thinks that i one we have is fine, its not it old and I hate it.... we also have no were to put this babe until the upstairs is finished and that is driving me nutz. I'm willing to pay to have it finished...
Old 02-25-2010, 05:12 PM   #8
tarinalynn
Registered Users

My Mood:

I totally freaked out all the same! DS2 is almost six months old now, DS1 is 1. We had no baby gear left at all. We were living in a lil 2 bdrm basement. I forced DH's hand at moving into a bigger place so baby could have his own room as I wouldnt make our 10 yr old share a room with a crying infant.
It worked out well in the end. However in the last month of pregnancy everyone I knew had baby stuff to give us and we didnt need to buy anything. My brother in law bought us the car seat days before baby was due as a shower gift, and baby didnt actually sleep in his own room until this month. So I rushed and pushed to have everything doen cuz that is what moms do. It is natural to need to be as prepped as possible, but it is okay if things are not done. All you really need is the car seat, some nursing pads, your dipes, and a hot cup of tea with a warm bath!!! Relax Momma, it will all be great!
tarinalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:16 PM   #9
bama
Registered Users
seller

LOL! YEP! I have anywhere from 6-10 weeks left. My last two boys were 36 weekers, so who knows! This weekend we are painting, switching rooms (my ODS and YDS are gonna be sharing) and putting the crib together.All this IF we can get the bunk beds taken down at my MIL's and brought to our house, which involves cleaning out a bedroom at her house and taking them apart.
bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:39 PM   #10
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am totally freaking out! I can hardly function anymore from these crazy contractions and just being so big and uncomfortable. I really could deliver anytime now. However, we are expecting me to deliver the last week in March or first week in April.

We still have a ton of house rearranging to do. And, I haven't ordered my stroller yet! It comes from Australia, so it's going to take 6wks or more to get it. I guess I won't have it before they are born. We also don't have a new van yet to cart all the kiddos around it. I *think* what we have will work for now, but I'm not totally sure. We haven't even had the time to make sure. My husband works a lot and has been working extra to pay for the very expensive stroller and the new-to-us van.

At least, I do have everything I need for the babies, but I just don't have it out and handy. I need to get a few things set up and ready to go. Plus, I'd really like to have new going home outfits for them, but I don't yet.

Okay, that's enough complaining. I'd better get to working...

Oh! And, I have to get my taxes done! I have to get everything together. I'm really scared the babies are going to suddenly come and I'm not going to have it done and then, I'm going to be in big trouble.