Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-23-2012, 05:38 PM   #21
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I live in the Midwest and we had a massive ice storm here 5 years ago, which knocked out my power for 2 weeks. Now, I live in the country and am even more paranoid. We have 2 dozen large flats and 2 dozen small flats that I hate but keep just for this purpose (and maybe they'd work better for a future baby too). DS is just too much of a HW for them to work well for us. We also have a collection of covers that we use regularly and I bought a bucket for handwashing if necessary. Also, we have a generator that will easily run our home's appliances but you can never be too prepared!

Advertisement

lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:13 PM   #22
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

Re: Emergency preparedness

My plan is receiving blanket flats hand washed and covers. We are totally freaks but - my DH and I have a 23 page long zombie preparedness plan, and an zombie invasion backpack ready to go at any moment.
(the plan can also be used for any major emergency, but we live in the middle of Saskatchewan so there is NOTHING that really ever happened here - seriously)

Last edited by Catbutt Diapers; 02-23-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Catbutt Diapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #23
sanddimarie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I stuff the pockets with flats. So that's 12 right there. I also have 12 additional flats that we use for vacations and three PUL covers. (we don't use PUL covers)
So I'm set. I'm all for handwashing and hanging to dry if it comes down to it. Disposables are disgusting and I won't put them on my child. I guess I'm a diaper snob. heh

Sanddi
Single mommy to my Sylasarus

sanddimarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:24 PM   #24
Queen_Celeste
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We keep emergency sposies. In sizes we don't even use as well as current size. If i am without power I don't think I will want to be handwashing diapers in cold water. I barely want to deal with food without power.

When our washer died and it took a week to replace our AC died the same summer. It was just too hot to even consider handwashing. And trust me, that machine got a workout with 5 loads of diapers as well as clothing from 2 weeks. What can I say, we have a large stash and we had 2 in diapers at the time.
Queen_Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #25
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Talking Re: Emergency preparedness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbutt Diapers View Post
My plan is receiving blanket flats hand washed and covers. We are totally freaks but - my DH and I have a 23 page long zombie preparedness plan, and an zombie invasion backpack ready to go at any moment.
(the plan can also be used for any major emergency, but we live in the middle of Saskatchewan so there is NOTHING that really ever happened here - seriously)
I love that you have a zombie plan! I think Doomsday Preppers needs to do a zombie prepper show. And now that Laurie is pregnant on Walking Dead I keep wondering what they're going to do for diapers...lol
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #26
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We have 12 flats in our emergency backpack. It's fully stocked and sits by the back door.