Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Unhappy Allergies issue, help.

I've been combo feeding my daughter for some time. She has silent reflux and for awhile was flat out refusing both me and her formula (nutramigen) or would only eat just enough to curb her hunger. She had eczema on her face and was not a very happy baby.

Recently I switched to Alimentum Ready to Feed, which is supposed to be the hypoallergenic formula of hypoallergenic formulas since it has only 2% broken down milk protein and no corn. Her rash has cleared up and her congestion is pretty much gone. Even her reflux is doing much better and she eats again and sleeps much better.

However, she is still reacting to me and for the most part won't nurse. I have no idea what is causing the issue since I am, and have been for quite some time Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Peanut, and Egg white free. I do eat some other nuts and occasionally some corn, but not a lot. I also cut out coffee and seriously cut down on my dairy free dark chocolate.

Anyone have any advice or ideas? I'm really hesitant to do a really big elimination type diet since I already have such a strict diet. Could it be the nuts? I eat a handful now and again and they are usually cashews and almonds in a mix I get from Trader Joe's.