Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2018, 01:12 PM   #91
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Jan 15 Chatter

My dd just got on my nerves. It's about the school play which they decided not to participate in and now she's been offered a part. Reminding her how much she complained the last time and how it really wasn't well done etc.

Advertisement

Old 01-18-2018, 02:03 PM   #92
gheera47
Registered Users

Look what I got! 40 8' T-posts for the cost of a jar of Honey-Ginger Applesauce, Carmel Apple butter, Strawberry jam, and Garlic Dilly Beans. Whoo hoo! And he brought them to my house! Awesome!

ETA: That saved me about $250. I think I will go back and bring him a homemade lasagna. He's retired and said his wife works out of town half the week. He'd probably appreciate a homemade dinner when she's not there.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited by gheera47; 01-18-2018 at 03:02 PM.
gheera47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:32 PM   #93
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Fantastic!!
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:42 PM   #94
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yeah I think I would bring him some extra homemade goodies too. That was very generous!

I read this today and it gives me all the feelies http://www.ransomforisrael.com/how-a...royed-my-life/
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:18 PM   #95
gheera47
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Yeah I think I would bring him some extra homemade goodies too. That was very generous!

I read this today and it gives me all the feelies http://www.ransomforisrael.com/how-a...royed-my-life/
I agree, very generous. He mentioned making wine in the past. I've got some wine for gift giving. I think I will send that along with dinner.

Read the link, gave me tears.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
gheera47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:29 PM   #96
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

How moving, Jen. I think I will have to go back when I have some more time and read some more on her (their?) blog. I firmly believe that adoption and fostering is a calling. God equips some amazing people to be able to do it, and do it well.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:29 PM   #97
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
My dd just got on my nerves. It's about the school play which they decided not to participate in and now she's been offered a part. Reminding her how much she complained the last time and how it really wasn't well done etc.

What did she decide?
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 08:38 PM   #98
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Y'all. I got 4 pair of small super undies snap on trainers on swap.com NWT for $30 and they came today and are beautiful. Course, I'm not planning on needing them for much longer, but I'm still pleased with them. Just what Jen told me to get too there were a few more pair on there that didn't have the size listed and now I wish I'd bought those too on a gamble, but I don't want to pay shipping now (first order is free shipping) and I also wouldn't actually have even bought 4 if they weren't so cheap. I had planned to buy 2 since I only intend to use them for church, long car rides, or days running around for more than an hour or so.

Today we ran around for hours and he wore underwear (I packed several extra pair plus jeans since I was nervous about him telling me) and he kept himself dry until I put him down for a nap at 2. He woke up wet - hasn't done that in months - and then has had several accidents since. I'm not sure they're real accidents - he tells me, but I think it's just a bit too late, like he doesn't actually know how much advance warning he needs. Ah well - I still think he's getting it.

Also my dad got me the old Fisher Price barn set at an auction today. I can't wait to get it.

Gheera - that's an awesome deal, especially if you don't mind the labor of building fence. I love doing heavy yard/garden work once in a while - makes me feel so good.

Last edited by Elchorrito; 01-18-2018 at 08:45 PM.
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:54 PM   #99
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
Y'all. I got 4 pair of small super undies snap on trainers on swap.com NWT for $30 and they came today and are beautiful. Course, I'm not planning on needing them for much longer, but I'm still pleased with them. Just what Jen told me to get too there were a few more pair on there that didn't have the size listed and now I wish I'd bought those too on a gamble, but I don't want to pay shipping now (first order is free shipping) and I also wouldn't actually have even bought 4 if they weren't so cheap. I had planned to buy 2 since I only intend to use them for church, long car rides, or days running around for more than an hour or so.

Today we ran around for hours and he wore underwear (I packed several extra pair plus jeans since I was nervous about him telling me) and he kept himself dry until I put him down for a nap at 2. He woke up wet - hasn't done that in months - and then has had several accidents since. I'm not sure they're real accidents - he tells me, but I think it's just a bit too late, like he doesn't actually know how much advance warning he needs. Ah well - I still think he's getting it.

Also my dad got me the old Fisher Price barn set at an auction today. I can't wait to get it.

Gheera - that's an awesome deal, especially if you don't mind the labor of building fence. I love doing heavy yard/garden work once in a while - makes me feel so good.

Super good deal! I still have my FP Barn set from when I was little.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:59 PM   #100
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Super good deal! I still have my FP Barn set from when I was little.
Lucky you! My dad saw that it was going to be at the auction yesterday and called to see what I'd give for it. I looked on eBay and can't figure out the pricing - some have sold for $70-100 and some for more like $30 so I told him I'd go $30 but he got it for $14. I'm pleased but I wish I still had mine from when I was a kid. Nobody can remember what happened to it.
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote