Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
Ebeuchat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Please pray for me! Long story short, i have 4 kids (8-4mo) and they found a large hole in my septal wall between atria. I'm going to have to undergo open heart surgery soon. They believe the hole is too large for cath closure. Would love prayers, support, and any stories of what to expect (if anyone has experienced this type of surgery). Thank you!

Advertisement

Last edited by Ebeuchat; 06-08-2014 at 10:28 AM.
Ebeuchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #2
issybissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: open heart surgery at age 31!

Omg good luck, prayers for you and your family! Take it easy! How did they discover that?
Old 06-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #3
Ebeuchat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybissy View Post
Omg good luck, prayers for you and your family! Take it easy! How did they discover that?
I was having wonky heartbeats and a few episodes of rapid heartbeat in my last month of pregnancy (this Feb) and it continued after delivery. My pcp referred me to cardiologist and it all unraveled!
Old 06-08-2014, 12:40 PM   #4
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow that is crazy! I will pray for that The Lord will guide your surgeons hands to repair your precious heart and that you recover very quickly!!

Also is this hereditary? Of so I would bring all your kids to the cardiologist for them to take a look at their hearts too.

Hugs
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #5
Ebeuchat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post
Wow that is crazy! I will pray for that The Lord will guide your surgeons hands to repair your precious heart and that you recover very quickly!!

Also is this hereditary? Of so I would bring all your kids to the cardiologist for them to take a look at their hearts too.

Hugs
It's possible so I've notified my pediatrician. He said they would have found it on ultrasounds in utero nowadays, but he will recheck the kids.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:47 PM   #6
teacherpippi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Our youngest will need open-heart surgery sometime this summer. There was some good advice in this thread. Good luck and feel free to PM!
teacherpippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:01 PM   #7
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeuchat View Post
It's possible so I've notified my pediatrician. He said they would have found it on ultrasounds in utero nowadays, but he will recheck the kids.
^^^That bit about it being found on ultrasound is very very very untrue. Only about 40% of CHD's are found before birth. Have your kiddos checked for sure. It is better safe than sorry. We were lucky in that our son's defect was found before birth but I know many many other mother's who were not at all as lucky. And peds aren't qualified to say for sure there is no defect, only a cardiologist and an EKG and echo can rule that out. Please get your kiddos to a cardi just in case
Also, if you are on facebook there is a group called "Zipper Club" and you should join it! It's a lot of adults who have been through OHS and they will be able to help you with what to expect. Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/zipperClubHeartSurgery/
Sending you all kinds of strength and love
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote