Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2015, 11:32 AM   #1
Chelsium01
Registered Users

Traveling with Preemie Twins

My twin brother is getting married next weekend. The only problem is that the wedding is in Nebraska. I have 15 week old twins (7 weeks adjusted) who are coming with me from Georgia. This will be their first time around a lot of people, and due to their prematurity, they're more susceptible to illness. I'm terrified they're going to get sick and end up back in the NICU. Please keep them in your prayers for safe travels and continued health.

Advertisement

Chelsium01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:20 PM   #2
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Traveling with Preemie Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsium01 View Post
My twin brother is getting married next weekend. The only problem is that the wedding is in Nebraska. I have 15 week old twins (7 weeks adjusted) who are coming with me from Georgia. This will be their first time around a lot of people, and due to their prematurity, they're more susceptible to illness. I'm terrified they're going to get sick and end up back in the NICU. Please keep them in your prayers for safe travels and continued health.

Is there any way you could maybe sit apart from the crowd? This sounds really risky, Mama. I know it's your twin brother, but are you sure it's the best idea to go?
Are you flying or driving?
MamaChirpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:20 PM   #3
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

I know you didn't ask for this but I would strongly suggest just staying home. I know it is your brother's wedding but this is your children's health. Which is more important?
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:21 PM   #4
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I know you didn't ask for this but I would strongly suggest just staying home. I know it is your brother's wedding but this is your children's health. Which is more important?

I totally agree and I'm praying for you and your children. But please rethink this trip. It doesn't sound safe at all.
MamaChirpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:45 PM   #5
MrsLove
Registered Users
seller

I'm going to go against the grain a little. I had 28 week twins. One got out in 4 weeks, the other in 8 weeks. They were about term gestational when I went to a large function. Now I kept them covered in their strollers or car seat, and breast fed in private. I let my immediate family hold them with washed hands and a blanket on the person. Any way all was well. In fact besides tubes in their ears at 1, they just wouldn't drain, They were and still are my most healthy babies. They will be twelve tomorrow!
Don't forget it is still germ season so wash those hands while going places.
Good luck momma, and safe travels!
MrsLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:50 AM   #6
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

I would get a babysitter in the town of the wedding. That way you could still come to the wedding, but they wouldn't have to be there getting exposed to who knows what (January through March is the height of flu season), but you wouldn't have to leave them behind in Georgia.

(Plus, speaking as a fellow adult twin whose sibling had twins last year...Bringing your babies to the wedding will totally steal the day from the happy couple. Not your fault, but it just will. People seem to be obsessed with twins, and they will fawn over your babies while ignoring the bride and groom.)

My older sister lives near Omaha and had pediatric nurses from the hospital as babysitters for her preemie twins last year. I could get their contact info if it will be in that area...

Prayers for safe travel and healthy babies!

Last edited by Melinda29; 03-04-2015 at 09:44 PM.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:53 AM   #7
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Dp

Last edited by Melinda29; 03-04-2015 at 12:18 PM.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote