Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-16-2011, 12:39 PM   #31
mommy2twins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Water birth- Why you did/Why you won't

I always wanted a waterbirth! When I found out I was having twins that dream was put aside and then found I was pregnant with my son. I spent my active birthing time in the water and it felt WONDERFUL! He was also born in the water...such a warm and peaceful transition to the world than being born in bright lights and cold atmosphere. Would never birth without it again! A lot of midwives say that it's the natural epidural.

Advertisement

AprilSAHM to my fab twin girls (3/07)Maddison and Cameryn Grace , and Samuel born 1/10 by an amazing waterbirth using hypnobabies, Zander born 3/12 a beautiful home water birth using Hypnobabies both fully intact non vaxing,ing, , and wife to my awesome high school sweet heart of 12 years
***HYPNOBABIES CHILDBIRTH HYPNOSIS INSTRUCTOR- St. Louis, MO!***
mommy2twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #32
rosefall
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With DS, I labored in the water for a little while, but didn't ask to get in until transition was almost over (I had no idea I was that far), I wish I had gotten in earlier. With him, the practice I was seeing didn't allow water births, so as soon as I started pushing, I got out.

With DD, the bathrooms were being renovated and the tubs were unavailable, so they had birthing pools. I asked that one be full by the time I get there, but it wasn't, and it turned out that she was coming too fast anyway and there was meconium in the water, so they wouldn't have wanted me to get in. Almost all of my laboring with her was done in my kitchen and bathroom.. again, I didn't realize how far I was.

I still hope to have a water birth.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #33
sstarfish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My HB midwife has a pool that she rents out for an extra $100.... I already had 2 natural dry land births, so I knew I could do it w/o the pool, and $100 is alot of money..... and I wasn't sure that we'd get it filled in time, since my DD was born in under 3 hours. Turns out that my labor for DS2 was definitely long enough for the pool to fill, but oh well! Now I have knee problems from Lyme disease, so I'll definitely be going the pool route for the next one.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #34
almostcrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've had 2 home waterbirths. They were both awesome. My first waterbirth was less than an hour of active labor, all of which was spent in the water. The last was about 8 hours of active labor and I spent probably 6.5 hours total in the pool with that one.

For me, the water was very helpful with pain and discomfort. Especially with my last one, I had severe SPD and I'm sure the water made a HUUUUGE difference.

Also, I always thought it seemed like a very gentle way to be born
Old 07-20-2011, 05:41 AM   #35
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've done one waterbirth and one "attempted" waterbirth at home in my own large bath tub. I highly recommend it! The relaxation that water gives make labour so much easier! With DS, I couldn't believe I was at 10 cm already! I was still just breathing through contractions. (He ended up being a brow presentation posterior, so we had to move out of the tub to try some different positions.) My DD was born in the tub. DH said it was really weird to see her head emerge in the water and stay there until the rest of her was born - made him feel a little panicky to see her like that. I can understand that. If you're hoping for a waterbirth, you might want to prep your DH on that one.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:52 AM   #36
OneFishTwoFish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My son was born in the water just last week! I actually wasn't intent on having a water birth. But upon arriving at the hospital, the tub was offered to me to labor in and I took it. I ended up in transition while getting in so I don't know how much they actually helped the contractions, but as far as pushing, the ease of changing positions was great. I started on my knees leaning forward over the edge and pushed out the head, then they had me recline back to push out his body. We are more than likely done having children, but if I had to do it again, I would go with water all the way!
Old 10-18-2011, 11:26 PM   #37
RaZZberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a waterbirth at home with my midwife and doula. It was so wonderful. The warm water relieved my tense back muscles and helped to keep my belly bouyant. I will do it again, if we have another baby.
RaZZberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:57 PM   #38
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had a waterbirth with my DD and plan on another. Even though I have a large garden tub, I will definitely be getting a birth pool. It is sooooo much different to have a soft pool, with lots of space, an edge to hang over, etc. I don't think it's anything like an epidural, but it was nice to have a little buoyancy to counteract the pull of gravity. I coils actually move and change positions and get comfortable!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using DS Forum

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:46 PM   #39
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I planned a home waterbirth, but ended up having a home landbirth. I didn't have a waterbirth because it just didn't feel right at the time. Giving birth standing up did, so that is what I did.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:15 PM   #40
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was the op and two weeks ago I was back in the birthing tub. My nurse and midwife were so supportive. I had the same nurse from my last delivery. An inept phlebotomist was delaying my entry into the tub and they were both reading her the riot act. They were just as disappointed as I was when there was meconium in my waters which meant I had to get out of the tub.

I gave birth standing on the steps out of the tub.

I really cannot imagine going through a labor without water. Its my pain meds.