Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-05-2018, 12:34 PM   #1
JudasMommy
Registered Users

Question Tips for tandem feeding twins?

Hi all! I have 7 week old twin boys and Iím struggling a bit with tandem feeding, but I hate feeding them separately because then inevitably one starts crying and I canít get to him. Any tips or tricks? I have a TwinZ pillow and that helps, but itís still such a process to get them set up and latched and all that by myself.

Advertisement

JudasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 02:55 PM   #2
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tips for tandem feeding twins?

It will get much easier once they can latch themselves on. That may happen soon-ish. Hang in there mama.

You might try laid back nursing, the babies latch themselves on that way, from birth, but it will take a lot of pillow propping for your arms to hold them up through the whole feed.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:46 PM   #3
JudasMommy
Registered Users

Thanks. It already takes me so many pillows Iím not sure if I have more to use! Lol.
They do try to latch themselves sort of now, but itís never a good latch. Hopefully they will get better as I help them.
JudasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:08 PM   #4
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I should have said, I have never had twins, just thinking of what might help you. I've tandem *fed* infants a couple times, the first time the bottle fed baby was 8 mos and the breastfed baby was newborn and it was very hard. I ended up letting baby hold her own bottle while still cuddling with/looking at her. The second pair the nursing baby was 6 mos and bottle baby was newborn. Even though it took two hands to give the newbie his bottle, 6mos old could latch herself by then so I was able to put them both on a twin-EZ and hold and feed together.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote