Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #171
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Paleo Chat Jan, Feb & March 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNC View Post
Can we talk eat marinade?

Today is ash Wednesday and I go back to 100% primal eating.
How is that going?

I just bought the NomNom Paleo iPad app and it is really nice. There are tons of things that we WON'T eat in it, but quite a few that some of us will eat for sure. I am craving pho like crazy. I'd attempt to make some, but I have NONE of the ingredients at home LOL.

What is everyone eating today? I had broccoli cheese soup thickened with potato starch, extra broccoli. I am working on dinner. I think I am going to thaw some of my lemon grass chicken tenders and marinade it in coconut milk for DH to bake later. Maybe stir fried broccoli with it. Maybe I'll eat it, or maybe I'll wind up ordering beef pho. Who knows?

Advertisement

I sell LuLaRoe, check it out!
AmberP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #172
Texasmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Im going to have a burger wrapped in lettuce and some bacon not sure what else yet.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #173
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are having Thai lemongrass chicken salads.

So you know how I mentioned that I had that problem with my toe after wearing my Vibrams? It isn't the first time I have had that problem with my toe-- not usually caused by Vibrams and I am starting to wonder if it is something more and a coincidence that it started when I took off my Vibrams. It is acting a lot like gout. A couple hours in a pair of Vibrams that I wore all last August, September and October shouldn't make my toe inflamed and super painful for a week +.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #174
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yay! One day almost totally Primal. I ate a bit too much dark chocolate and drank some dark chocolate almond milk... but all of the rest of it fell in line! No grains.

The salads turned out fantastic! I skipped cooking the broccoli and just threw it into my salad raw. Totally nom. I've got two more chicken tenders waiting for my midnight snack.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #175
doublebk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Still in the very early process of transitioning to paleo. We are doing paleo dinners and as we finish noon paleo snacks in the house we are replacing them with paleo ones. Anywho, I was wondering what you ladies do for anger dinner snacks. I usually have a bit of sweet tooth and I don't know what to eat.

Also, any websites you would recommend for dinners and what are some lunch options you guys eat?
doublebk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #176
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lunches for us are leftovers, lettuce wraps, egg dishes or soups.

My favorite dinners are shredded pork taco salad with green salsa, broccoli beef, sweet & sour chicken, drunken thai stir-fried beef and bacon wrapped teriyaki albacore. Dh's favorites are yellow curry chicken, burrito bowls (like they make at chipotle) and chicken and bacon Caesar salads.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:26 AM   #177
doublebk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks! Dumb auto correct and sleepy eyes makes a funny post for me. Lol. I meant to say after dinner snacks. I am trying to find something that I can eat in my weakest moments. Also, what do you guys do for breakfasts for the kids before school? I need something quick and filling. Currently they live off of oatmeal and waffles (frozen kind).
doublebk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #178
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebk View Post
Dh and I are planning to start paleo. Can you guys tell me what a daily meal plan looks like for you guys?
Usually I have eggs, fruit, or leftovers for breakfast, a huge salad with protien for lunch and dinner is always some sort of meat with 2 veggies and a salad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
How is that going?

I just bought the NomNom Paleo iPad app and it is really nice. There are tons of things that we WON'T eat in it, but quite a few that some of us will eat for sure. I am craving pho like crazy. I'd attempt to make some, but I have NONE of the ingredients at home LOL.

What is everyone eating today? I had broccoli cheese soup thickened with potato starch, extra broccoli. I am working on dinner. I think I am going to thaw some of my lemon grass chicken tenders and marinade it in coconut milk for DH to bake later. Maybe stir fried broccoli with it. Maybe I'll eat it, or maybe I'll wind up ordering beef pho. Who knows?
Its going.....bad, lol! I havent been horrible but something non primal has slipped in. I was really proud of myself yesterday at the store...my girls have been sick and puking so I went for meds, paper towels and more pull ups for laney. I had my cart loaded with SAD sick foods...crackers, gatorade, popsicles, etc... I put it all back besides natural yogurt and found primal things that the girls would still eat. Which was double good...I know I would have eaten the leftovers, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublebk View Post
Thanks! Dumb auto correct and sleepy eyes makes a funny post for me. Lol. I meant to say after dinner snacks. I am trying to find something that I can eat in my weakest moments. Also, what do you guys do for breakfasts for the kids before school? I need something quick and filling. Currently they live off of oatmeal and waffles (frozen kind).
I always keep peeled hardboiled eggs in the fridge for mornings when we need quick stuff. My girls generally eat fruit or scrambled eggs. Sometimes yogurt (we are somewhat primal...about 3 servings of dairy a week). Scrambled eggs take just as much time as frozen waffles or instant oatmeal. I generally put a tablespoon of butter in the pan, crack 5 eggs into it and scramble them in the pan, so no extra dishes.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #179
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS Ate my post and I don't feel like typing it out again--

Doublebk-

After dinner-
http://pinterest.com/pucaandpixie/paleo-treats/

Breakfasts-
http://pinterest.com/pucaandpixie/paleo/
http://pinterest.com/pucaandpixie/paleo-breakfast/

AFM: I am trying to fix my grocery budget, but it isn't going all that well. I did the minimum of what we normally buy and I am coming out $30 over what I usually budget. My budget isn't little, either, but it is pretty close to the top of what we can afford. The only things I am seeing that I can really cut out are lara bars- about 3/wk- but then I have to buy the supplies to make them, which is probably a lot less per bar, but more investment. And yogurt, but DD and DH love it and won't eat homemade or plain. We get the cream-top Brown Cow.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #180
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
DS Ate my post and I don't feel like typing it out again--

Doublebk-

After dinner-
http://pinterest.com/pucaandpixie/paleo-treats/

Breakfasts-
http://pinterest.com/pucaandpixie/paleo/
http://pinterest.com/pucaandpixie/paleo-breakfast/

AFM: I am trying to fix my grocery budget, but it isn't going all that well. I did the minimum of what we normally buy and I am coming out $30 over what I usually budget. My budget isn't little, either, but it is pretty close to the top of what we can afford. The only things I am seeing that I can really cut out are lara bars- about 3/wk- but then I have to buy the supplies to make them, which is probably a lot less per bar, but more investment. And yogurt, but DD and DH love it and won't eat homemade or plain. We get the cream-top Brown Cow.
Budgets are a PITA. I havent been great at stocking with mine either. I ran $50 over in Jan and will probably run that much over in feb too. Back to budget in March!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote