Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-18-2017, 02:25 AM   #1
notsomuch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Best Low to the ground potty

Hi,

We've been using this obnoxious potty that was great when I'd carry her over, but now that she's big enough to do her own thang, I notice her little butt can't get on it. She tries, but it's too tall. Do you recommend any potty that baby can easily go to and sit on. She's 14 months old and yay high!

I do prefer a pot with a seat on top. I hate to have the bowl double as the seat (seems more sanitary). Does that make sense? If that messes up height, then I'll have to deal.

As soon as you flood and flood and even flood me with suggestions, I'll go purchase one potty for my little. She pushes and tries to go when I tell her -
and is sometimes successful, and she goes after nap and bedtime. She has not a care in the world if she's naked though. "Oh, what was that that came out of me? Let me investigate with my whole hand and fingers. What?? What's that slapping sound my feet make? Fun!" Hopefully, we'll get it. I'm thinking of taking up the rug for a week and seeing what happens when we go diaper free.

Advertisement

Wife and athlete Mama of the following cluster of girls: 12 year old, 11 year old ,(VBAC), 7 year old (VBAC #2) and my toddler girl, 2 years old
Why on earth is this laundry lady smiling?
notsomuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:32 AM   #2
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Best Low to the ground potty

My favorite is the baby bjorn little potty. It's a really small/low potty, but I believe it was discontinued. It is the kind that the pot doubles as the seat, and that is what I prefer, because there are no cracks or crevices for ickies to get stuck in. Here is a picture http://www.babyearth.com/baby-bjorn-little-potty.html
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:37 AM   #3
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
My favorite is the baby bjorn little potty. It's a really small/low potty, but I believe it was discontinued. It is the kind that the pot doubles as the seat, and that is what I prefer, because there are no cracks or crevices for ickies to get stuck in. Here is a picture http://www.babyearth.com/baby-bjorn-little-potty.html
I had this one and the one where the potty is removable. I just got rid if it.

It was a bit bigger than the one piece but is still fit in a supermarket bag to give you a size reference. It fit under the stroller too.

I don't think taking the rug up is a bad idea and putting towels on the couches.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:20 AM   #4
notsomuch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ooh! I found this one! Pourty. I had this one for one of the other ones. It's pretty small. I bet this would be a good one. I forgot about it.

See? We use Bum Genius now, and the fleece seems really water resistant. I'm concerned she doesn't feel it. We have this one diaper from China that we love! Haha! It's bamboo, so you can definitely feel it when she goes. And it was only $7! Who know that would be one we would go to. I hope she's done soon! It's funny, no matter how many you have, it's always different every single time.

https://www.amazon.com/Pourty-P1B-Easy-to-Pour-Potty-Blue/dp/B004J9JYKK/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1503065890&sr=8-1&keywords=pourty&th=1
Wife and athlete Mama of the following cluster of girls: 12 year old, 11 year old ,(VBAC), 7 year old (VBAC #2) and my toddler girl, 2 years old
Why on earth is this laundry lady smiling?

Last edited by notsomuch; 08-18-2017 at 08:22 AM.
notsomuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:09 AM   #5
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

That pour spout is a nice touch. It looks low and sturdy too.

I completely agree that each kid can be so different. They sell these tiny urinals you stick to the wall now. I don't know about that because of they miss you have pee on the wall.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:37 AM   #6
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

The pourty looks like a nice one. I like the simplicity of it too. We have two Baby Bjorn potties, the Little Potty that jen mentioned, which is awesome for tiny kids because it is so small, and also awesome because it is all one piece, and one like this with a higher back, which I think my 2-year-old prefers because there is some back support. The bowl is removable and big enough that yucky stuff doesn't get into cracks and it is actually comfortable. We had one from walmart (for my first few babies) that was a three-piece design and it was awful, uncomfortable and poorly designed so it got nasty almost every time it was used. All the Baby Bjorn ones I have had or seen have been much better designs. IKEA makes a nice low one too and it is super cheap (like under $5) - might be worth checking out if you live near one.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:00 PM   #7
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRXB View Post
The pourty looks like a nice one. I like the simplicity of it too. We have two Baby Bjorn potties, the Little Potty that jen mentioned, which is awesome for tiny kids because it is so small, and also awesome because it is all one piece, and one like this with a higher back, which I think my 2-year-old prefers because there is some back support. The bowl is removable and big enough that yucky stuff doesn't get into cracks and it is actually comfortable. We had one from walmart (for my first few babies) that was a three-piece design and it was awful, uncomfortable and poorly designed so it got nasty almost every time it was used. All the Baby Bjorn ones I have had or seen have been much better designs. IKEA makes a nice low one too and it is super cheap (like under $5) - might be worth checking out if you live near one.
I forgot about the ikea one. I agree the 3 part ones were a huge pain.

One of my kids peed on the floor in front of the potty display.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:11 PM   #8
doughpat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post

One of my kids peed on the floor in front of the potty display.

LOL--that is amazing.

My 14 month old is going to dislike the transition back to a sit-down potty...he's been religiously using a long strip of pea-gravel (aptly named) in our backyard. Now that it's cooling down we're going to have to bring him back indoors like a civilized creature.

It would be cool if there was an even lower potty--something a kid can squat over. Squatting is the natural way to defecate--its too bad we don't really incorporate that into our toilets (at least in this part of the world.). I wonder if potties aimed at the Asian market would be worth looking into..
doughpat is offline   Reply With Quote