Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2009, 11:34 AM   #131
RebeccaMomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The Yarn on the Needles Goes Round and Round...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelson924 View Post
those are great thoughts. i have the lighting bit down, i think. but what about getting good shots up close? or different ways to lay things out....kwim?
hmm to get close ups I think you'd be best off using the MACRO function on your camera...and different ways to lay out; how about checking out as many galleries of the most popular/been around the longest knitters and seeing how they lay their things out? After checking out a few thousand pics you will have an idea of what you like best

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #132
adorabubbleknits
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelson924 View Post
those are great thoughts. i have the lighting bit down, i think. but what about getting good shots up close? or different ways to lay things out....kwim?
Yup, macro and a tripod really helps. My camera has a vibration reduction option that is wonderful for getting up close pictures non-fuzzy.
adorabubbleknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #133
littlemisses
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildasMum View Post
That crochet skirty and skirt are adorable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaMomof3 View Post
oh, I love that crochet skirtie! GJ mama!

Thanks mommas
Old 02-02-2009, 11:45 AM   #134
~Peach~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I only have that skein of Purewool that I begged Amy to sell me on the way but I did get my rebate check from my Organix shampoo Im off to the bank in a bit to cash a 6.99 check LOL.

Sakura Knit YYMN giveaway at 100 fans!
~Peach~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:47 AM   #135
momtomy4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKat View Post
Okay ready for sum yummy pictures of Tammy's fantastic work!

We got our swap woolies from Tammy today and they are awesome. Viv was just about ready to go down for her nap so she was only moderately cooperative.

Her I really don't want to get up you put my nap diaper on me and some comfy pants I will just sleep right here.

I finally got her to stand up and look out the window and she gave me her version of smile

And a booty shot

They fit perfectly and should fit us for a bit with just the right amount of extra inseam. They are wonderful and I am so excited that Viv has another pair of longies!
Oh Yay~~~ She looks so beautiful in her new woolies. It was such a pleasure to get to knit for you, I am so glad we were partnered up Enjoy!!!

Molly So sorry, make them hear you I have learned sometimes you have to be really loud to be heard by doctors...

Joanna sorry I left ya last night Sabella woke up with a high fever Still feverish today.. Other than being too tight I can't see what you are doing wrong...Do 2 rows loosely then take a pic
Old 02-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #136
Fairyblue
Registered Users
Formely: aidan_madisons_mom
seller

My Mood:

Catching up from yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma'sMommy View Post
rofl...I love washing it...and shaving it...but dry time is unreal in the PNW...like days. Maybe I use too much lanolin. lol I seem to always have blocking boards all over my home.
lol move over here.. it's hot and dry esepecially in the summer.. it does a number on your skin though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky View Post
ok after a hour and half of ripping dup stitch out i am finally done with the leg lol

i will start the spider tomorrow for the bum i need to look up some spideys on the net lol

i am so glad to finally be happy with a stupid web! lol never again
But it was made with love
Old 02-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #137
cadensmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmwell View Post
My mom forgot about my knitting class I can't go. No babysitter. I am soooooo sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJones View Post
You guys...

http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.ph...294&vid=200001

I want it. But I am so happy with our simple unbleached prefolds and being able to abuse the heck out of them.

Tell me not to buy it. It's sooo pretty though.
get it its just one, right?

Quote:
Is anyone knitting anything fun today?

Why can't I make myself work lately?
my feb. lady sweater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie K View Post
I decided to rip out dd's scarf and make her a cowl instead...seems more practical. Anyone have a good preschooler-sized cowl pattern bookmarked?
take any cowl pattern and cast on less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanna19 View Post
mornin!

I have not checked this whole thread yet, but I was wondering if you guys could go back into last night's thread and check out my pictures of my knitting. there is a pic of cast on and a pic if what I am TRYING to do...k2, p2. but it turns into a mess on the needles. it's hard to take a pic of me actually doing it, kwim, but hopefully someone can see what I am doing wrong. Angela helped me out, but i thought it wouldn't hurt for other opinions.

i gotta go though, cat has to go to the vet this morning. He's been puking bile for a few days and recently stopped drinking/eating. i hope everything is okay with him.
yes. what you did was when you brought your yarn to the front for the purls you went over top your needles instead of doing under (by your knitting) causing that look where the purls come up over top.

Evrim and Ellowyn -- Just Released!

iKnit, iSpin, iDye all at ... Comfort Wool Blog and
cadensmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #138
amyruth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I am having a hard time with Asa's foot today and I keep crying.

He hasn't walked on it since he woke up.

He doesn't walk on it after he wakes up for about an hour, but today is worse than usual.

I feel like no doctors know what to do about it. I feel enraged. This is my CHILD. Why won't any of them help me help him?

I am on hold right now w/ his Ped to get a recommendation to Riley Chidlren's Hospital in Indy.

He's almost 3. You'd think by now SOMEONE would have SOMETHING to say that might be the answer...

I haven't even had two doctors tell me the same thing yet, and he's seen 6 of them.

Sorry to be so down. I just have a very heavy heart this morning.
Molly, what is wrong with his foot? Did he injure it or is it something else? I hope someone can figure it out soon! And sorry if I missed the reply, just got back from the Dr and there were 12 pages here instead of 2!
Old 02-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #139
MicrobioMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I am having a hard time with Asa's foot today and I keep crying.

He hasn't walked on it since he woke up.

He doesn't walk on it after he wakes up for about an hour, but today is worse than usual.

I feel like no doctors know what to do about it. I feel enraged. This is my CHILD. Why won't any of them help me help him?

I am on hold right now w/ his Ped to get a recommendation to Riley Chidlren's Hospital in Indy.

He's almost 3. You'd think by now SOMEONE would have SOMETHING to say that might be the answer...

I haven't even had two doctors tell me the same thing yet, and he's seen 6 of them.

Sorry to be so down. I just have a very heavy heart this morning.

Mornin' girls, unfortunately I can't hang out today...I have a big audit coming up at work soon. I miss you guys. My laptop screen also broke and DH hogs the computer because he works from home. Anyway...

Molly, have you checked out the Yahoo Groups to see if there is one for Asa's condition? I belong to two groups there for Ellie's eye condition and it has been absolutely invaluable to me. There are parents there that have gone through the surgery and emotions and hardships. They know who the very best doctors are. sweetie...I'll check in during my lunch break.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:05 PM   #140
Teeniebean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKat View Post

I finally got her to stand up and look out the window and she gave me her version of smile

And a booty shot

She is adorable, Mary Kate! And kudos to Tammy on the knitting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemisses View Post
Ok well here is what I just finished up!! It's for our grand opening!!!

So cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaMomof3 View Post
today's project; KNITTING AN I CORD for longies! I have a set of YYMN custom longies made in Purewool's Passion Colourway;

And the string it came with is too short, and I prefer the knit ones anyway. I have lots of the wool left so I'm going to try it
Those are really nice!

Ugh, I've been trying to shovel the driveway...it's going to take me all day! We got about a foot of snow last night. As much as I love it, I can't stand shovelling - especially when the plow adds to end of the driveway .