Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
**tonks**
Registered Users

Your fav OS AIO/AI2?

I'm buying a whole new stash :P (my old one is about shot anyway after 3 kids). We've always used pockets (FB - the OLD style with a few BG2.0s from when DD was a baby and i wanted a few pink diapers). they work fine, but i HATE HATE HATE stuffing them. it's not a HUGE deal, but i just...really would rather not. i wouldn't mind snapping or laying inserts in, but i don't like having to fiddle to get them lay right INSIDE the diaper, kwim? what i have learned, though, is that i like one size diapers and snaps. i HATE the velcro on the BG but love everything else about them (well, ok, i did, but now DD is starting to outgrow the rise at about 24 pounds...granted, she does have kind of a bubble bootie, but she's not even 30 pounds yet.)

So, i'm making a 3 diaper sampler pack for myself to buy to try with DD before I buy my whole stash for this baby. Since we're moving (internationally) in November, I have to buy them before this baby is born. I will have a small baby, and will probably use sposies until they are small enough to fit into whatever dipes i buy - the BG 2.0s fit my daughter at about 7 pounds (about 2 weeks old), so i'm hoping for 2-3 weeks of sposies and that's it.

my ideas: Mommy's touch OS AIO, BG Organic OS AIO (snaps, not velcro), and the Grow baby AI2.

opinions, other suggestions? i definately want to keep it OS, woudl like AIO, but AI2 is completely fine, too, as long as it snaps in .

FWIW, i will be doing a little bit of dryer time, but these will be predominately hung to dry, so i know that matters with AIOs.

Advertisement

Old 08-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
tiffybear01
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Your fav OS AIO/AI2?

i like the bg organic os, but right now my favs are starting to be the bum ware extreme organics. I got these bc the velcro is super strong and they are so trim on him. they aren't one size though.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:43 PM   #3
mich1218
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Softbums are a great AI2, so you might want to add that to your possibility list.
Snooty Booty Diapers-Code "swapper" for free shipping-Knickernappies, Softbums, Booroi, Bum Genius, GroBaby, Bottombumpers, Tiny Tush, Thirsties, Mommy's Touch & more!Cloth Diapers Made Simple blog-info,giveaways, reviews
mich1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:50 PM   #4
nayelismomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The only AI2 I like are the BGOS 3.0s.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
Lenanectaris
Registered Users

We absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE BumGenius One Size Organics. We have them in snaps, and my 9 month old just figured out how to undo the velcro on her other dipes. We have seriously only EVER had one leak with the BG OS AIO Organics. DH loves them, too. If it's warm outside it takes about five or six hours to dry (depending on how hot, sometimes less), and inside it takes about a day, but when you flip them so that the sewn in liners are on the outside of the PUL they dry faster. We started CDing at 5 months, so I don't know exactly how they work with newborns, but my friend who has been doing them since six weeks loves them too. I asked her and she hasn't had any blowouts, which is a big deal to me. We had them all the time in sposies, but really no problems with these. Anyway, if you can't tell, they're awesome for us. I do a combo of dryer time and line drying, and I do some prefolds and wrap covers as well, but the BG's are the ones that we always go for first. Super easy to use, even my husband's brother (who doesn't want to do cloth with his upcoming child, and had never changed a diaper before) liked them and thought that they were easy. His wife then told him that disposables were harder, so maybe I'll be able to convert them to cloth....hmmm...
Lenanectaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
nodakwonder
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm just starting Cding, too (sorry to crash your question)---
PLEASE tell us your opinions, too about GRO BABY (which seems to be relatively new to the market?).

I'm considering the exact same dipes: Gro Baby, BG OS organic, and also Fuzzi bunz (and the insert isn't so amazing, but it seems to keep her bum drier).

SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE SOOOO HELPFUL!
nodakwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #7
nodakwonder
Registered Users

My Mood:

oh, *TONKS*, often time you'll find cloth dipes cheaper in other countries (europe, mid east, se asia) apparently (where disposables are not as common as us American consume so heavily of). I just talked to friends from Malaysia that say they are $2 there. Bum Genius, which are made in Egypt, I hear are considerably cheaper there (I lived there, but I don't know what the costs were for baby things). Check your "local" expat community where you will be living.
nodakwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:49 PM   #8
tmwmommy
Registered Users
seller

I like the Bumgenius organics and I know you didn't mention these but the dream-eze aios are great because the soaker is only sewn in on one side so they dry very quickly. Mine only spend about 2-3 hrs on the clothesline.
tmwmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:56 PM   #9
Dayzee1081
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My favorite OS AI2 is the Softbums system. I LOOVE them! I can't wait to have a tiny one to use them on!
Dayzee1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:46 PM   #10
ajjulian
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love Mutts OS AIO, Piddle Poddles OS AI2 and Jamtots berry plush (new to these and not sure if they come OS). I hated the bg os and haven't tried the others on your list. Good luck. Looking forward to some more suggestions as we have 2 in dipes and are trying to keep the stash simple