Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2008, 04:04 PM   #11
sweetpeaboutique
Registered Users
seller

Re: No vaxing and delayed vaxing........

oh thats awesome! thanks for typing that all out! i need to go pull my dd's shot records, cause i know they have had 2 others that i dont see on there.... pnemovax? and prevnar? i think off the top of my head thats what they are. what the heck did i get those for? lol! and what is that hpv for girls only shot??

i have ALOT of researching to do!!! thank u mamas!

Advertisement

Old 08-26-2008, 04:38 PM   #12
thefragile7393
Registered Users

www.insidevaccines.com, links to much medical research.
Forums at mothering.com....non and selective and/or delayed vaxers are on there who can give great advice...and don't let the more passionate ones scare you off.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:12 PM   #13
sweetpeaboutique
Registered Users
seller

ok mamas... now that i have been researching i have a few more questions..

on the delayed vaxing:

my daughters are 7 & 8 how come they never had a rotovirus vaccine, flu or hep a vaccine???????? but yet there on the delayed list??

next... hpv (since i have girls) and meningococcal these are deemed "safe" by dr. sears?
Old 08-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #14
Meg678
Registered Users
seller

Here is a VERY good article and also a good schedule for delay/select vaxing.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/miller/miller15.html

I don't have time right now but I have an answer for at least the hpv question. The vax only protects against few of the MANY strains of hpv that cause cervical cancer. There are also many other things...I'm late though! I also just flat out wouldn't hand my child over to be the guinee pig for a new vaccine when no long term affects are known for the vax since it's new. As far as the hpv goes, I would teach my children the importance of 1. waiting until marriage for sex...but we all know that doesn't always happen and 2. the importance of protection and not having sex with multiple partners. An honest monogomous relationship is a good way to protect yourself against lots of different things .

Sorry, so much more to put. I hope the others can help you out on your other questions. We delay vaxing until age 3 and are selective.

Last edited by Meg678; 08-26-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Meg678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #15
Frogjump
Registered Users

I really would get a copy of his book.

He doesn't tell you get these but not these. A few are still pretty new. So, with your girls being a little older the rotavirus may not have been available. I didn't look too much at the HPV shot since I only have a boy right now but I think his comment was something along the lines unless your girl is perfect and will never have s*x at some point she may come in contact with HPV even if she only has one partner. But so far it only protects against the most common not all HPV.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #16
thefragile7393
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeaboutique View Post
ok mamas... now that i have been researching i have a few more questions..

on the delayed vaxing:

my daughters are 7 & 8 how come they never had a rotovirus vaccine, flu or hep a vaccine???????? but yet there on the delayed list??

next... hpv (since i have girls) and meningococcal these are deemed "safe" by dr. sears?
Roto--taken off for a while due to deaths, now recently added again, supposed different formulation. Flu is never "mandatory" but heavily pushed. Hep A is also very recent as well.

HPV. It only covers several strains that MIGHT cause cervical cancer down the road. Roughly 8 years ago I remember it being considered generally mild and required paps and watching. Then the vaccine came out.

Meningococcal...never entered my radar. studied about it, passed on it. Mayoclinic.com and the forums at mothering.com and insidevaccines.com helped me out a lot.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:37 PM   #17
mdeveer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry, this should work: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...35240451107552 . I tried searching for it myself b/c the original link someone else gave me didn't work, but it's one of those hard-to-find b/c they don't want you to links.

STAY AWAY from the HPV vaccine. There have been quite a few deaths from it and over 12,000 adverse reactions to it thus far in one study area. And, in the "conspiracy theory" world of non-vaxers, they're suggesting this latest "outbreak" of measles "scare" (b/c it's like 130 people total in all of the 300 million in the US - that's less than the average number of children killed by a fall in a given day, etc) is being so highly publicized to cover the recent issues with the vaccine. That may be taking it a little far, but like other posters have mentioned, the vaccine doesn't even cover the most likely strain that causes cervical cancer. Go figure.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:14 PM   #18
sweetpeaboutique
Registered Users
seller

wow!! i wanna thank all u mamas SO MUCH!!! i started posting for info about a baby, and didnt even realize what my 2 dd's had in store for them! i feel so much more informed! i just ordered the book as well from amazon and when "sweetpea" does come... im for sure going delayed vax and even some selective at this moment!!!

thank u all again! im sure i may have a few more questions down the line! lol!